What are my chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jujuju

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Sorry to be that guy but what do you think I should do about my score?

First time I got 509:
PS 129
CARS 128
BS 127
P/S 125

But disappointed with P/S and because I went into the exam with four hours of sleep (my performance went down with time), I decided to retake a few months later.

Second time I got 511:
PS 131
CARS 123 !!!!!
BS 128
P/S 129

I've already sent everything in (primary, secondary).
What will the adcoms think and what could I do? science GPA 3.99. non-science GPA 3.98. It sounds so bratty to say this, but I don't want to hold anything back: I've applied to many competitive schools.

It's so nerve-wracking.

All feedback is welcome but hopefully someone with credentials (previous adcom or someone with experience handling these things) will respond too :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,

First time I got 509:
PS 129
CARS 128
BS 127
P/S 125

But disappointed with P/S and because I went into the exam with four hours of sleep (my performance went down with time), I decided to retake a few months later.

Second time I got 511:
PS 131
CARS 123 !!!!!
BS 128
P/S 129

What will the adcoms think and what could I do? science GPA 3.99. non-science GPA 3.98. It sounds so bratty to say this, but I don't want to hold anything back: I've applied to many competitive schools.

It's so nerve-wracking.

All feedback is welcome but hopefully someone with credentials (previous adcom or someone with experience handling these things) will respond too :)
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that Medical college of Wisconsin uses your best score from each attempt, which would put your score at a 516. Might be worth applying there.

Reactions: 1 user
I can't sugar coat this, your 509 was a decent competitive score. You retook that, which was a poor choice, and ended up doing worse in CARS...well below the 10th percentile. While some schools may superscore your results, two things jump out:

you make poor choices. You went into a career-deciding, high stakes exam under less than the best circumstances. For that alone I have some Adcom colleagues who would reject you (fortunately, their mindset is in the minority)

you may have trouble mastering everything at once.

All you can do is apply and see how the app cycle shakes out with the app you have, warts and all. A 2x test taker with a median score is not going to have much luck with competitive schools. Your state school will be your best bet.

Hey,

First time I got 509:
PS 129
CARS 128
BS 127
P/S 125

Second time I got 511:
PS 131
CARS 123 !!!!!
BS 128
P/S 129

It's so nerve-wracking.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I can't sugar coat this, your 509 was a decent competitive score. You retook that, which was a poor choice, and ended up doing worse in CARS...well below the 10th percentile. While some schools may superscore your results, two things jump out:

you make poor choices. You went into a career-deciding, high stakes exam under less than the best circumstances. For that alone I have some Adcom colleagues who would reject you (fortunately, their mindset is in the minority)

you may have trouble mastering everything at once.

All you can do is apply and see how the app cycle shakes out with the app you have, warts and all. A 2x test taker with a median score is not going to have much luck with competitive schools. Your state school will be your best bet.

Yeah, the P/S really bummed me out on the first take. But the second take, everything felt great, then I got the score report...

Percentile-wise though,

509=82%
PS 129=93%
CARS 128=90%
BS 127=78%
P/S 125=55%

511=86%
PS 131=99%
CARS 123=37%
BS 128=87%
P/S 129=92%

100% chance you didn't post in the WAMC forum.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.