What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BecauseTheInternet

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just got my new MCAT score and wanted to know where I should be applying this cycle? I am in a 1 year SMP at a DO school with a decent chance of matriculating here afterwords. I applied last year and got 0 DO II, and 1 MD II. My GPA is defintely holding me back but I am hoping to improve that with this SMP. I have decent LOR, good shaodwing experience, good volunteer experience, no research experience, and my dad is a DO. Thanks!

Old MCAT = 498 (126, 125, 125, 122)
New MCAT = 508 (126, 129, 127, 126)
Undergrad sGPA = 3.0
Undergrad cGPA = 3.2

Members don't see this ad.

@Goro, my sGPA is actually a 2.98 so I had to delete a few schools that autoscreen 3.0 sGPA's. I assume schools will notice that I am enrolled in an SMP program. Since I showed such an improvement in my MCAT over the last year, do you think at least a few of them will keep me in the mix at least until I get my fall grades? Or am I just wasting a ton of money applying with these stats? It seems as though a majority of the DO schools hold GPA's in much higher regard compared to MCAT scores.