DO What are my Chances ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lugarious

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your extra curricular activities are excellent and could make any application look amazing. That being said, the next logical step would be to boost that MCAT score. I had 506 the first time, and got 515 after doubling my study hours. There's not alot you can do with the GPA unless you take more school (which would be expensive), but with a higher MCAT and those excellent extra-curricular activities should increase your chances of getting into a D.O school. I say you have a moderate chance of getting accepted already.

Where is your state of residence? If you applied to most DO schools you should receive many interviews with your stats.

Members don't see this ad :)
My problem is that I'm from Canada. We only have 17 medical schools here, all of which are competitive, and no D.O programs... It makes my life harder lol

Hello!

sGPA = 3.06
cGPA = 3.3
MCAT = 507 (125,126,129,127)

My gpa for freshman and sophomore are very bad and are dragging my overall a lot lower
sGPA (freshman and sophomore) = 2.62
cGPA (freshman and sophomore) = 2.91

my gpa for my Junior and Senior Year
sGPA = 3.43
cGPA = 3.48

I have a lot of research hours (and 2 medals from competitions), thousands of clinical volunteer hours, hundreds of shadowing hours under 3 doctors, and a non-profit of over 50 students I helped co-found and run.

I have applied to nearly all D.O. schools except for the state schools.
Chances excellent. Some schools will turn their noses up at you. but I predict that you'll get plenty of bites.

What are my chances?