MD What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

saletta2

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
1. 3.87 cGPA (Only Bs in a foreign language classes) 4.0 sGPA
2. 512 128/130/129/125
3. IL
4. White
5. University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign undergrad
6. About 400 doctor shadowing hours including surgeries
7. 2 years of research, not published
8. Again about 400 doctor shadowing hours
9. About 600 volunteering hours through RSO I am now the President of
10. Director of Technology of a telemedicine start-up. Worked about 500 hours out of school doing valet. TA for intro chem. Went on a medical missions trip abroad( group leader)
11. RSO received Fundraising chapter of the year and national chapter of year when I was fundraising coordinator
12. Recently diagnosed with type 1 diabetes (idk if it helps but I mentioned it on a lot of essays and struggles)

Applying to
Loyola
U Mich
Rush,
Rosalind Franklin
Northwestern
UIC
U Kentucky
Indiana (carver)
U of Wisc
Wisc medical school
Minnesota (deluth)
Iowa

I feel nervous since I only just submitted secondaries last week. Do I still have a good chance or nah?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

You should receive some interviews. You could add a few more schools such as St. Louis, Oakland Beaumont and Western Michigan.

Members don't see this ad :)
1. 3.87 cGPA (Only Bs in a foreign language classes) 4.0 sGPA
2. 512 128/130/129/125
3. IL
4. White
5. University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign undergrad
6. About 400 doctor shadowing hours including surgeries
7. 2 years of research, not published
8. Again about 400 doctor shadowing hours
9. About 600 volunteering hours through RSO I am now the President of
10. Director of Technology of a telemedicine start-up. Worked about 500 hours out of school doing valet. TA for intro chem. Went on a medical missions trip abroad( group leader)
11. RSO received Fundraising chapter of the year and national chapter of year when I was fundraising coordinator
12. Recently diagnosed with type 1 diabetes (idk if it helps but I mentioned it on a lot of essays and struggles)

Applying to
Loyola
U Mich
Rush,
Rosalind Franklin
Northwestern
UIC
U Kentucky
Indiana (carver)
U of Wisc
Wisc medical school
Minnesota (deluth)
Iowa

I feel nervous since I only just submitted secondaries last week. Do I still have a good chance or nah?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Applying in september is not ideal but it's not a deal breaker either. You're a very solid applicant, I think you will get interviews from your list for sure.