What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mngirl55

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
If I'm coming from Indiana University at Bloomington with a 3.9 GPA and an MCAT score of 500. What are my chances in getting into Harvard Medical School, Stanford University, University of Cambridge or Oxford University. Would it be odd to go out of the U.S for grad school. I love to travel and be in new places.

Members don't see this ad.

If you want to practice in the US, you must go to med school in the US. You should be looking DO with that MCAT.

Anyway, the average MCAT for Harvard and Stanford last year was roughly 518.

Hi,
If I'm coming from Indiana University at Bloomington with a 3.9 GPA and an MCAT score of 500. What are my chances in getting into Harvard Medical School, Stanford University, University of Cambridge or Oxford University. Would it be odd to go out of the U.S for grad school. I love to travel and be in new places.
With that MCAT, about 0% unless you are an escapee from North Korea.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hate to be that guy, but your chances at your alma mater IUSM would even be low.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Do you have any shadowing or clinical volunteering hours? Other EC's? Are your URM? Where is your state of residence?