What are my chances ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Studybuddy563

Reaction score
Hello Everyone !

Just looking for some constructive criticism to see what my chances are like and how I can make my application stronger. I’m a non URM male from NJ, I have a 3.5 cGPA 3.1 sGPA, 2500 pre hospital clinical hours as EMT, 1500 in hospital clinical hours as ER tech , 40 hours research , 40 hours shadowing , 200 hours religious volunteer work. You think with a solid MCAT I should have some chances at US DO schools ? I’ve been scoring around 503 on the Kaplan Practice tests , I’m planning to take it Jan 24th. Thanks for any advice !

Members don't see this ad.

If you receive a MCAT of 510 your chances for a MD acceptance are ~50%. A score of 500 is adequate for at least 12 DO schools that I know of.

If you receive a MCAT of 510 your chances for a MD acceptance are ~50%. A score of 500 is adequate for at least 12 DO schools that I know of.

New
Thank you very much for your reply. My top DO schools are Nova, ATSU, and AZCOM, I plan on applying very broadly for MD and DO. The goal is just to stay out of the Caribbean

Members don't see this ad :)
Status
Not open for further replies.