What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CAP20

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I'm beginning to narrow down my school list as I'm looking to apply this next cycle and would appreciate any help or insight into some of the schools! Ty for any help and tips!! :)

Date of submission: June 2019
Overall GPA: 3.4
Science GPA: 3.2
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.22
DAT score (include AA and all sections): AA 22/ TS 22/ OC 25/ GC 24/ BIO 20/ RC 22/ QR 19/ PAT 21
State of Residence: Colorado

Undergrad Attended:
University of Southern California
Major: Biology
Minor: Nonprofits/ Philanthropy
Minority? Yes
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience: 40 hours w/ general dentist, 10 hours at CHLA pediatric dentistry (I'm working on getting more this semester!)
Volunteering Experience: Science program for kids 20 hrs/Asian interest mentorship program 20 hrs/ Dental club (teaching dental health to kids and dental community clinic) 13 hrs/ Filipino mentorship program 10 hrs
Employment: 3 years at liberal arts school events office at my school, YMCA camp counselor in 2016
Research: N/A
Other Extracurriculars: General member, Dental honor society/ Mentor, Asian mentorship program/ Executive board (Programming director and culture chair, 2 years) for school Filipino club
Relevant Honors or Awards: Deans list for half of my semesters at USC (it's hard to bring up that GPA tho lol)
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere: SHPEP Participant 2017, UNMC
School list: UCLA, UCSF, USC, Western, Loma Linda (I hope to stay in CA!)/ Colorado/ University of Nebraska, Creighton/ U of Washington/ NYU, Stony Brook

Members don't see this ad.

Your list is a little top heavy, not saying you wont get into UCLA or some of the other super competitive schools on your list, but to be safe I would add some private schools. I had the exact same GPA and a 21 on the DAT and got interviews at Indiana, AT STILL, MWUAZ, MWUIL, Western, and UNE. I would look at some private schools and see if any of them would be schools that you would like to attend. Good luck!!

Reactions: 1 users