What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Johnwickk

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, just finished taking the DAT today, scores were:
19 in RC
18 in QR
20 in PAT
19 in biology
22 in general chemistry
21 in Orgo
TS: 20
AA: 20
Masters GPA:3.4 including an A in Dental pharmacology. uGPA was a 2.78
Around 80-100 hours of research
200 shadowing hours
Worked as a social worker in undergraduate in unprivileged areas.
What do you guys think my chances are?
Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Honestly, it depends on your entire package.

From the GPA alone + DAT I'd say low.

Master's GPA are supposed to be 3.5 minimum. Especially with a < 3.0 uGPA.

You would need a 22+ AA and I'd say 22+ in all sciences to look good.

But like I said, you may be able to swing it depending on your personal statement, volunteer work, etc.

Well first of all it depends on a few things. First it depends on what school you're trying to get into, some are of course harder to get into than others and there are advantages depending on whether the school you're trying to get into is in your own state etc.

All in all your DAT is good. Maybe not the highest tier but it will definitely get the job done.

Your gpa is on the low side but you did bring it up with that masters program which was a definite improvement.

Extracurriculars are also very nice with an emphasis being those research hours. In this situation the research and volunteering will really be a feather in your cap.

I think coupled with a strong personal statement you are definitely in a position to get acceptances. Apply to lots of schools (6-8) and understand that these things take time.

I didn't get my interview/acceptance until late May. Don't give up! At this point there's not really much else to do unless you want to take the DAT again to maybe aim for that 22+ like Iroh said, but I would apply first and see how things go. Good luck