what are my chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ashasnarf

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I(23 yrs) was wondering what you guys thought about my chances of getting into med school? I have a 3.3 OA and a 3.3 MCPB GPA. I was a triple major from a top 20 undergrad program, and the majors were Chem, Bio, and Psychology. After finishing college I was sure that I wanted to go to medical school but felt that I needed to improve my academics as well as broaden my background. So, I got an MPH from a top 10 program(3.8) in Health Policy and Management which I intend to use someday as an administrator etc. I also have taken the MCAT before and scored 25 but now that over three years have passed those scores don't even count.I recently took the MCAT again and am waiting anxiously for the results like everyone else. I am interested in attending either DO or MD programs and focusing in primary care or rural medicine. Most of my MPH work has focused on rural care for the underserved so I am inclined to continue down this route, although I am also interested in medical genetics. I also have the usual extra stuff like volunteering, research, and health care expereienc. I would like to know what you guys think, and thank you ahead of time for your responses!

Members don't see this ad.

There not much to think about. Apply as soon as you can. Don't be scared to apply if you don't you will never become a physician.

Your background is as good as anyone in my class.

Hi....I hate to evaluate people, but the way I see it is that if you did pretty well on the MCAT and you have some extracurricular activities, you should get in somewhere. Hope for a score of 30+. But apply no matter what you get!

Good Luck.

Triple major and MPH at 23??? Yeesh.... You'll get in somewhere. If not this year, maybe the next, and most likely the third. Good luck.