1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

what are my chances?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by alkapalka, Dec 17, 2005.

1. alkapalka

alkapalka i enjoy capsule stains
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. bkpa2med

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    These threads get out of hand. I understand that you may be worried but millions of premeds have already posted similar stats and have received respones. You shouldn't worry and if you were familiar with the DO philosophy, stats and maybe bought the us news world report you would know whats what.

But ill tell you that if your EC's are solid you should stand a good chance. What is your BCP?

4. mj1878

mj1878 Water good...
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student

That would depend on

1)whether you intend on applying this year (the answer, if you haven't started the application process, is probably no)

2)what kind of extracurriculars you have

3)your LORS

4)Your science and cumulative GPA breakdown

5)How you interview

What you have provided is pretty limited. If you want people to give you semi-informed opinions on your chances, then they have to have all of the info. that adcoms will have. Even if they do, the process is so random that NO ONE can tell you exactly. Don't base your application on our opinion; base it on your will to apply. If you want to be a DO, go and pursue it, and don't listen to the opinions of others. BTW, that MCAT score will probably have to come up a little bit.

Even with STELLAR statistics, a person will likely be accepted at one school and either waitlisted/rejected at another. Thusly, the only folks that can tell you your chances of getting in are those that are looking at your application. I will, however, tell you that applying this late in the cycle would likely be a waste of money. Good luck to you.

5. MikeyLu2010

MikeyLu2010 UT Longhorns Alumni
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    if you plan to apply this year..do it now...and apply broadly..good luck

yes i think you have a chance ..:)

6. Hoberto

Hoberto Squirrel Girl
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician

What are my chances??