what are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alkapalka

i enjoy capsule stains
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
delete

Members don't see this ad.

alkapalka said:
I currently have a 3.57 gpa and 23 mcat (7 p 7 v 9 b). What D.O. schools, if any, do i stand a chance of getting into?

These threads get out of hand. I understand that you may be worried but millions of premeds have already posted similar stats and have received respones. You shouldn't worry and if you were familiar with the DO philosophy, stats and maybe bought the us news world report you would know whats what.

But ill tell you that if your EC's are solid you should stand a good chance. What is your BCP?

alkapalka said:
I currently have a 3.57 gpa and 23 mcat (7 p 7 v 9 b). What D.O. schools, if any, do i stand a chance of getting into?

That would depend on

1)whether you intend on applying this year (the answer, if you haven't started the application process, is probably no)

2)what kind of extracurriculars you have

3)your LORS

4)Your science and cumulative GPA breakdown

5)How you interview

What you have provided is pretty limited. If you want people to give you semi-informed opinions on your chances, then they have to have all of the info. that adcoms will have. Even if they do, the process is so random that NO ONE can tell you exactly. Don't base your application on our opinion; base it on your will to apply. If you want to be a DO, go and pursue it, and don't listen to the opinions of others. BTW, that MCAT score will probably have to come up a little bit.

Even with STELLAR statistics, a person will likely be accepted at one school and either waitlisted/rejected at another. Thusly, the only folks that can tell you your chances of getting in are those that are looking at your application. I will, however, tell you that applying this late in the cycle would likely be a waste of money. Good luck to you.

Members don't see this ad :)
if you plan to apply this year..do it now...and apply broadly..good luck

yes i think you have a chance ..:)