What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BGEBROWN

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I sent my application in September and was wondering what my chances of getting into schools are. My gpa is 3.61 with my science gpa 3.78. I got a 19/18 on the DAT and have observed in two different dental offices. I have also been employed at a dental lab for the summer and this fall where I have gained a ton of experience. I applied to Ohio State, Case Western, Pitt, West Virginia, Detroit Mercy, and Kentucky but have yet to hear anything back from them. Will I get an interview?

Members don't see this ad.

bgebrown,

you probably haven't heard anything because your AADSAS application hasn't been processed yet. Have you received a letter from AADSAS that has a blue page with your info on it? I submitted towards the end of August, and I was finally processed last week. In addition to receiving your applications, schools will hold your file until they receive your recommendation letters from AADSAS. Your stats and experience look good, I bet you'll hear from schools in a couple of weeks. good luck! :)

Thanks alot Rice Girl,
I recieved a letter but all that it said was that my application has been recieved and it had a date on it. I tried to call AAdsas and it took like 5 calls to get through but I finally spoke to someone who told me that my application was going to be sent out this week sometime. I asked if they had my letters of recommendation yet because I had those sent in before my application was finished but they said that they hadn't recieved them yet, oh well I guess that is the way it goes. Have you started to hear anything back yet? :)

Howdy BGEBROWN,

if you have questions about your application, I would highly recommend emailing them at:

[email protected]

I've emailed them several times (what can I say -- 6 weeks is a long time!!!) and they always got back to me by the next day. My attempts to reach them by phone were futile - they were always busy (I've never actually gotten to speak to a person), and after 5 mins of waiting, the system would automatically hang up on me. quite frustrating -- go the email way -- much less painful. :)

On to the good news -- I have heard back from almost all the schools I applied to! :) The only school I haven't heard from yet is UNLV (not sure what's going on there, just applied there b/c it's a new school). Most schools are asking for more money (surprise surprise) and some have secondary forms to fill out as well. Turns out that since my rec letters were sent out about 3 weeks after my application was received, they are actually being sent out in the near future. :p It's not too cool -- my application is being held at some schools because my file is incomplete.

I'm just glad that I'm starting to get some mail! :) It's a great feeling -- hopefully you'll get processed this week! :)

ricegirl