what are my chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ocdp09

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a 3.5gpa, 3.7science gpa, 210 volunteering hours, spent 1 week building homes in new orleans, shadowed 150 hrs of my family DO, school government senator, published a few articles for my research, vp of chemistry club, double major in biochemistry/chemistry, 26mcat, and am planning on going on a 7week volunteer trip to ghana. do i have a shot? i think my mcat is pretty low so im thinking about retaking it. what do you guys suggest

Members don't see this ad.

ocdp09 said:
I have a 3.5gpa, 3.7science gpa, 210 volunteering hours, spent 1 week building homes in new orleans, shadowed 150 hrs of my family DO, school government senator, published a few articles for my research, vp of chemistry club, double major in biochemistry/chemistry, 26mcat, and am planning on going on a 7week volunteer trip to ghana. do i have a shot? i think my mcat is pretty low so im thinking about retaking it. what do you guys suggest

I'd retake it. Anything below a 27 (from what Adcoms have said at info. meetings) you should retake the MCAT

ocdp09 said:

Retake for MD schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sounds like you have a pretty good GPA and extra curriculars. If you are applying for this cycle, your MCAT might cause some difficulties. If you are applying next year, you should possiblly retake.

I think you still have a chance to get into a school.

Retake.

Not even a question if you want an MD. All the other stuff is fluff...the MCAT and, to a slightly lesser degree, your GPA tell adcoms you've got what it takes.