Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

what are my chances

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by ocdp09, Jul 27, 2006.

1. ocdp09

ocdp09 Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I have a 3.5gpa, 3.7science gpa, 210 volunteering hours, spent 1 week building homes in new orleans, shadowed 150 hrs of my family DO, school government senator, published a few articles for my research, vp of chemistry club, double major in biochemistry/chemistry, 26mcat, and am planning on going on a 7week volunteer trip to ghana. do i have a shot? i think my mcat is pretty low so im thinking about retaking it. what do you guys suggest

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. joanofarc0907

joanofarc0907 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I'd retake it. Anything below a 27 (from what Adcoms have said at info. meetings) you should retake the MCAT

3. Apparition

Apparition 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Retake for MD schools.

4. sentrosi

sentrosi INTARWEB USER
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Sounds like you have a pretty good GPA and extra curriculars. If you are applying for this cycle, your MCAT might cause some difficulties. If you are applying next year, you should possiblly retake.

I think you still have a chance to get into a school.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Dr.TobiasFünke

Physician 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    your chances are 17-18.65

6. hermit

hermit Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Retake.

Not even a question if you want an MD. All the other stuff is fluff...the MCAT and, to a slightly lesser degree, your GPA tell adcoms you've got what it takes.