what are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

reese07

15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
basketball - player- (9-10)
library aid- volunteer (10-11)
school craft fair volunteer
cotton bowl volunteer
basketball (outside of school: church, leagues)
Art (9-11)
March of Dimes
Donated to lukemia center
KEEP (Kidney Early Evaluation Program) service (6 hrs)
Spanish National Honors Society (11-12) Awards and Recognitions: 2nd place- district art show- school

I am not qualified to answer your question, but may I make a suggestion. Do not be offended, but I went through your list and the ones listed above to me do not seem relevant to your current goals/ambitions. Personally I would leave those out. I know you have little "real life experiences" compared to an older adult student. I would keep the extracurriculars and honors/awards mostly relevant to pharmacy/medicine, leadership roles, etc. Especially on paper/application, then perhaps during an interview some of these non-related activities can be used to paint the more rounded/balanced individual.

Anyways, I thought these straight from High School 6 year programs are completely based on academics and standardized tests with little weight on anything else.

Members don't see this ad :)
While I would agree w/ Lecom for a traditional program - a 0+6 program is a somewhat different ball-O-wax due to all of the applicants being 18 yrs or younger.

Those curricular activities fit well with the activities you should have in High school.

As a rule of thumb - you should also apply to several programs. It is little known - but Nova Southeastern University has a 0+6 option that is relatively simple to get into (you would be surprised) - Keep an open mind and apply to several programs to increase your chance of acceptance / matriculation.

Good:luck:

~above~

I might be wrong, but from the schools that I know, 3.3 wouldn't get you in. But you never know unless you apply. Quite honestly, we can't really tell you what are your chances. You just have to apply and wait.

I would list all of your extra curriculars, they show that you are well-rounded and that you are a team player. That was part of what got me in to school. Leadership and being a team player were important to all of the programs I applied to. It shows you are not just a bookworm.