Buttercup2003

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2002
Visit site
Status
Hey kids,

I'm new to SDN . . . my first post ever. Here's my situation: Took the April MCAT (score sucked). Retook it in August and got the following: 11 phys, 10 biol, 8 verbal (i'm not happy with that last one there) I have a 3.57 GPA . . . a bit late in applying b/c I sent out my Texas and AMCAS out about 2 weeks ago. I'm applying to all the Texas schools (I'm a resident), Tulane, almost all schools in Illinois, Penn State, Temple, and Drexel. I have done research for two summers, volunteering experiences (both medical and non), research during the school year too . . . . What are my chances of getting in this year?:confused:

neuromd03

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Oct 14, 2002
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
Originally posted by Buttercup2003
Hey kids,

I'm new to SDN . . . my first post ever. Here's my situation: Took the April MCAT (score sucked). Retook it in August and got the following: 11 phys, 10 biol, 8 verbal (i'm not happy with that last one there) I have a 3.57 GPA . . . a bit late in applying b/c I sent out my Texas and AMCAS out about 2 weeks ago. I'm applying to all the Texas schools (I'm a resident), Tulane, almost all schools in Illinois, Penn State, Temple, and Drexel. I have done research for two summers, volunteering experiences (both medical and non), research during the school year too . . . . What are my chances of getting in this year?:confused:

AMCAS was sent out late, so that counts against you. Expect interview invitations in the winter and spring. I'm guessing 85% chance of acceptance by May.

rjhtamu

Stargazer Royale
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 22, 2001
Houston, Tx
Visit site
Status
Yeah, with those kind of experiences and a 29 MCAT you didn't really need to apply with AMCAS unless you really wanted to leave Texas. As a Texas resident you'll get into a Texas school with those stats as long as the interview people don't figure you for a crazy whacko.

About the Ads

UCLA2000

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2001
the hospital
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
You got a decent shot. Your MCAT isn't all THAT bad.

PimplePopperMD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2000
Batlimore
Visit site
Status
Thank you very much, random task. I think you must be a fellow Seinfeldian.

I should have included the error on the "chances" percentage is +/- 1.85%

About the Ads