nkaur13

stat1303
10+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2008
Virginia
Status
Pre-Medical
My gpa at the moment is at a 3.1 and my science gpa is not known because i still have a few science classes left to take. I am taking the MCAT in May. I have a feeling i dont have the grades for med school but I do have 2 years of clinical experience at an urgent care where I draw blood, give injections, etc. and volunteering experience at an ER in a hospital. Please be honest! Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!:)

Thanks.

J ROD

Watch my TAN walk!!
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Aug 1, 2005
working on my tan......
Status
Attending Physician
My gpa at the moment is at a 3.1 and my science gpa is not known because i still have a few science classes left to take. I am taking the MCAT in May. I have a feeling i dont have the grades for med school but I do have 2 years of clinical experience at an urgent care where I draw blood, give injections, etc. and volunteering experience at an ER in a hospital. Please be honest! Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!:)

Thanks.
You need to get a great MCAT score 33+ and raise the GPA to at least a 3.3-3.4 for US MD.

You probably would be competitive at DO schools if you do well on the MCAT.

For now, keep volunteering. Make all A's and raise that GPA. And, you must do well on the MCAT.

US MD is a stretch but DO should be in range. Just depends on how bad you want it....you do have a chance though.

Mobius1985

10+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2007
Your clinical experience sounds great, but a GPA of 3.1 is not competitive for US allopathic medical schools.

About the Ads

nkaur13

stat1303
10+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2008
Virginia
Status
Pre-Medical
Thank you! I still have a year and a half left. And so far I have gotten As in all my upper level (400 level) classes. Most of my low grades are in my non science classes. My science GPA should be high. I also have some summer research opps lined up. I am working very hard to get my gpa up. I also have great recommendations coming from Doctors as well as professors. If you know anything about an SMP program, what do you guys thing my chances are of getting into that?? Thanks again for your help!

J ROD

Watch my TAN walk!!
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Aug 1, 2005
working on my tan......
Status
Attending Physician
Thank you! I still have a year and a half left. And so far I have gotten As in all my upper level (400 level) classes. Most of my low grades are in my non science classes. My science GPA should be high. I also have some summer research opps lined up. I am working very hard to get my gpa up. I also have great recommendations coming from Doctors as well as professors. If you know anything about an SMP program, what do you guys thing my chances are of getting into that?? Thanks again for your help!
Decent MCAT score and if you continue to increase your GPA, I say you a good chance for SMP.

Tired

Fading away
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 12, 2006
Your chances are low.

MilkmanAl

Al the Ass Mod
10+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2008
Kansas City, MO
www.facebook.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Your clinical experience sounds great, but a GPA of 3.1 is not competitive for US allopathic medical schools.
Indeed. I got rejected all over the place with that GPA and a 35. Get up to a 3.3 or better if at all possible.

About the Ads