Oct 17, 2010
Status
Medical Student
Hi,

I am a URM and my stats are 3.8 GPA and 24 MCAT :(. I have lots of EC's and I have volunteering and shadowing experiences. I have also participated in research. What are my chances of getting into a florida MD program? I have applied to all florida schools and the medical college of georgia. So far I only have interview invites to FSU and MCG. I'll go anywhere that accepts me but I really want to go to UF.

Do you guys think I have a shot at getting into med school?

Thanks
I mean maybe... you do have interview invites so just try to rock your interview... With that being said, I know people with 3.9's and 32 MCAT that didn't get accepted anywhere. Its a lot more than just the stats. What are your EC's? You may need to gear up for next year and retake that MCAT

Jan 22, 2011
Status
Pre-Medical
So Im a non-traditional applicant. cGPA 3.14 sGPA 3.21 MCAT 31M (7p 13v 11b). Since i graduated Ive been working in a Lab and have a couple presentations under my belt and paper on the way. Ive got about 100 hrs of volunteering in a hospital ED, and im applying to SMPs as I type.
I'm still worried about the 7 in ps though....should I retake:scared:? I really dont want to....
Any opinion on my chances for MD entry are welcome.

Oct 29, 2009
Where is your Mod now?
Status
Pre-Medical
So Im a non-traditional applicant. cGPA 3.14 sGPA 3.21 MCAT 31M (7p 13v 11b). Since i graduated Ive been working in a Lab and have a couple presentations under my belt and paper on the way. Ive got about 100 hrs of volunteering in a hospital ED, and im applying to SMPs as I type.
I'm still worried about the 7 in ps though....should I retake:scared:? I really dont want to....
Any opinion on my chances for MD entry are welcome.
You'll probably want to start your own thread. You should also include whether or not you are a URM and elaborate on your ECs. Assuming that your ECs are average and that you're not a URM, your chance at a MD acceptance is about 28%.

Jan 22, 2011
Status
Pre-Medical
no, Im not a URM. Elaboration on ECs? I worked all through college, volunteered at the nearby hospital for a time before I had to pick up more hours at work. Other than that and my current employment in a lab, theres not much else to say. Where did you get the 28% number anyway? Thats....specific.

Oct 29, 2009
Where is your Mod now?
Status
Pre-Medical
no, Im not a URM. Elaboration on ECs? I worked all through college, volunteered at the nearby hospital for a time before I had to pick up more hours at work. Other than that and my current employment in a lab, theres not much else to say. Where did you get the 28% number anyway? Thats....specific.
The AAMC data for the MCAT and GPAs of applicants can be found here. Since the percent of applicants accepted is displayed for a range of MCAT scores and grade points, you could try prorating the chance of an acceptance based on your specific numbers.

amateur obgyn

In Full Effect
Jan 13, 2011
Status
Pre-Medical
The AAMC data for the MCAT and GPAs of applicants can be found here. Since the percent of applicants accepted is displayed for a range of MCAT scores and grade points, you could try prorating the chance of an acceptance based on your specific numbers.
God, that one white kid with the 2.0-2.2 GPA and 24-26 MCAT must be one fly fella, or have very rich parents.