What are my fellow pre-dents doing this summer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yuppers

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
...besides applying. :)

Im doing some volunteering, being bored out of my mind, and trying to find a summer job.

Members don't see this ad.

Doing some research, waiting for my application to get mailed out and getting ready to go to a wedding then Vegas. I hope the summer gets more exciting once we start hearing back from schools.

Studying for the DAT until July 22 :( And in the process, trying to plan a trip to go SOMEWHERE after its over...I keep hearing things from all my friends going on summer vacations and I am so jealous! Any cheap suggestions? I was thinking NYC because I found out plane tickets are only $168, but I've been there before... :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Im going to go to Florida and the carolinas to visit family and go beach hoping if I cant get a job soon.... figured that if I cant make money I might as spend some more. At least I can use my dad's frequent flyer miles.....:laugh:

Studying for the DAT's until Aug 3! also Working as a Dental Assistant in an office. Have a GREAT SUMMER EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well I am doing volunteering, working, and taking 4 summer courses (crash courses) in 5 weeks! yeah I am having a blast. haha

Got a job at one of my state medical schools doing research on type I diabetes, pretty sweet job, and relentlessly checking AADSAS hoping they will finally send out my applications, apparently they are in no hurry! haha

having fun studying for the DAT, shadowing, and working. And a bit of the beach in between. :)

what kind of jobs do you guys have?

I just resubmitted after they told me something was wrong...now thats done..its back to waiting again...then my 4 classes....internship for school at local clinic....and recovering from surgery!!! Yay for drugs :D

a little of this and a whole lot of DAT

but i have 2 weddings and lot of other fun weekend stuff planned, gotta spend some time in the mountains, it is the summer.

also finishing up writing a masters thesis and defending in a few weeks

glad the sun is finally shining on the east coast

Studying for DAT until July 14th and looking for a new job

Working as a chemist. Which really means sitting and listening to my pod for 7 hours a day and working for 1 hour.

taking physics I till the 8th, studying like mad for the DAT on the 26th, then living it up as cheaply as possible: mom's treating me to atlantic city on a comped room the very next day, then heading to boston to stay with friends for a few days, then staying at another friend's in HAWAII for 9 days in august.