Mar 19, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
He is somewhat of a reinvention student.

He was a baseball player for a college, had a low GPA (~2.0 to 2.5), but changed paths in his last year and a half of undergrad to Biology. His last three semesters GPA were 3.8, 3.8, 4.0. His final GPA ended at around 3.0. He is currently doing a biomedical masters program and is projected to have two semesters worth of 4.0 graduate courses by the time he applies.

He has the usual extra curriculars, 400 hours volunteering, research, some clubs, shadowing, etc. He also had a job working in an ER doing insurance stuff for 2 years.

If he scores 512-515, does he stand a chance at some MD schools? I already went through everything before so I am trying to advise him on what to do/what not to do. ORM.

Thanks

About the Ads

Faha

7+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
If his MCAT is 513+ he could receive interviews at some of his Florida schools. However, with his undergraduate GPA he should apply broadly to many DO schools. Where he applies will depend on his actual MCAT score.

Reactions: 1 user
Mar 19, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
If his MCAT is 513+ he could receive interviews at some of his Florida schools. However, with his undergraduate GPA he should apply broadly to many DO schools. Where he applies will depend on his actual MCAT score.

Thank you!

Goro

SDN Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
He is somewhat of a reinvention student.

He was a baseball player for a college, had a low GPA (~2.0 to 2.5), but changed paths in his last year and a half of undergrad to Biology. His last three semesters GPA were 3.8, 3.8, 4.0. His final GPA ended at around 3.0. He is currently doing a biomedical masters program and is projected to have two semesters worth of 4.0 graduate courses by the time he applies.

He has the usual extra curriculars, 400 hours volunteering, research, some clubs, shadowing, etc. He also had a job working in an ER doing insurance stuff for 2 years.

If he scores 512-515, does he stand a chance at some MD schools? I already went through everything before so I am trying to advise him on what to do/what not to do. ORM.

Thanks
Yes, with a good MCAT, MD is doable. No list until we see an MCAT score, and ECs

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.