What are my odds now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GeauxTigers

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last year I applied to 13 schools and had one interview at Boston University.

My stats were a 3.78 science GPA, 3.68 overall GPA. My DAT scores were a 17/17/17.

I took my DAT again today and my scores were as follows:

PAT 19
QR 20
RC 19
BIO 20
GC 20
OC 17
TS 19
AA 19

I have around 200 hours of shadowing experience. I was also a business major who went back to school after graduating to take the science prerequisites.

I have already applied for 2007. What are my odds of getting in to a dental school?

Members don't see this ad.

im surprised you didn't get in before. but you will this time i bet

Hey there,

yeah, 17's across the board for the DAT was kinda low .. considering your GPA is rockin. BUT NOW, your scores are solid .. so, i would say you have a great chance at gettinng into d-school. just continue to shadow and show interest in the profession and you should be fine.

good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
GeauxTigers said:
Last year I applied to 13 schools and had one interview at Boston University.

My stats were a 3.78 science GPA, 3.68 overall GPA. My DAT scores were a 17/17/17.

I took my DAT again today and my scores were as follows:

PAT 19
QR 20
RC 19
BIO 20
GC 20
OC 17
TS 19
AA 19

I have around 200 hours of shadowing experience. I was also a business major who went back to school after graduating to take the science prerequisites.

I have already applied for 2007. What are my odds of getting in to a dental school?

Your numbers look good....good enough for acceptance...AND you applied EARLY. Being a business major, did you take any upper level science courses or just the prereqs? Some Adcoms want to know you can handle upper level science courses.

Other important factors:
Volunteer experience
Quality of education (any CC credits?)

Given your stats and early application....I would bet you'll get accepted this year for sure.

Good Luck!

Await pouring in of the interviews!

When did you apply last time? If you applied in early June...I'm shocked that you didnt get more interviews...If you applied in mid August or later...that may be the reason.

Hey there! You worked really hard to improve those DAT scores. You are dedicated to the profession and will definitely get in this year!! Your ahead of me in getting the apps out--but the MCAT folks take WAY too long in getting us back our scores!! I hope I get some love from them!! ;) Congradulations on getting a strong DAT score!!

Thanks for all of the replies, that makes me feel a lot better. Yeah last year I didn't apply until August and wasn't complete until September. I really couldn't apply any earlier since I wasn't finished with Organic and still hadn't taken my DAT.

The only upper level course I've had is Biochemistry. I'm taking Cell Bio this summer and none of my sciences were from a community college.

Thanks again

GeauxTigers said:
The only upper level course I've had is Biochemistry. I'm taking Cell Bio this summer and none of my sciences were from a community college.

Thats good that you didnt take your sciences at a CC, since you say you dont have too many upper level classes. Just make sure you do well this summer in Cell Bio. The class can be very easy or really difficult depending on how specific your professor decides to structure the course. But its an interesting class and you can learn a lot of sciences from it: Biochem, Physiology, Neuroscience... etc. So just make sure you do well and I am certain you will get accepted. Good luck