What are my options?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctorpossible

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I started out college on a great foot, but I have been having a negative trend ever after.

My current GPA both science and cumulative are a little above 3.0.

I started from 4.0 and just dropped from there. I have a main job and 2 side jobs to fund school and bills. I have no assistance from family hence the jobs.
I take the MCAT in July, and I have very good extracurriculars, some of which include working with underprivileged youth from low income families and setting up a program keeping them off of streets, volunteering in a local ER weekly, helped teach English briefly to refugees overseas, etc.
Another dilemma: I took calculus the 1st time and got a B+. My transfer school wouldn't accept it, and I ended up getting slammed with an F on the second try because I didn't do so hot on the final. Obviously I have to retake that.

I have one more year of college left until I graduate. What are my options? Masters program? Retake some of these classes that I got a C in? I'm feeling a bit discouraged right now. I need to really know what my options are. I'm looking for positive feedback, nothing negative.

Members don't see this ad.

What do you mean by positive feedback? If you mean people not giving you bad news, that's not very good. Situations have bad news.

A 3.0 c/sGPA will not get you into an Osteopathic Medical School. You will need to do retakes until you reach at least a 3.3 or 3.4 for both c and s GPA. At that point a 26+ on the MCAT will be necessary. Depending on how long it takes you and how much more competitive things get, you might need to shoot for 3.5/28.