SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

what are new postage stamp rates?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Yogi Bear, May 8, 2002.

1. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear 2K Member 7+ Year Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Anyone know what the new postage stamp rates are? Our premed committee wants us to provide 80 cents stamps for each recommendation package and also stamps for a confirmation postcard. that was based on old rates; what are the new rates? i heard they were effective June 1st.
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. vixen

vixen I like members 10+ Year Member

Oct 17, 2000
    upstate ny
    34 cents to 37 cents, and I called the post office and they said they don't know the new rates for other stuff! its really annoying cause I have to give envelopes to my prehealth office too, so I'm just doubling the amount, just to be safe...this sucks...too much moola $$$ :mad:
  4. Assassin

Assassin Assassin 7+ Year Member

Jan 28, 2002
    <a href="" target="_blank"></a>
  5. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear 2K Member 7+ Year Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Here's what i found online:

EFFECTIVE JUNE 30, 2002:
    Overall, First-Class Mail rates will increase an average of 7.9%. The single-piece 1-ounce First-Class Mail rate will increase from $0.34 to $0.37, and the single-piece card rate will increase from $0.21 to $0.23. The additional ounce rate for single-piece First-Class Mail will remain at $0.23. There will be a lower additional ounce rate for Presorted First-Class Mail.