what are some books you use your first year or some first year classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ramoray

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if someone could tell me some books they used the first year or something they wished they would have studied or brushed up on. I will have 4 weeks or so where i can spare a couple hours a day studying up on somethign for med to help for first year a bit. If someone could jsut give me some typical first year classeds that would be great or names of books. thanks much

Members don't see this ad.

If you have already taken physio or bio chem in undergrad, then buy the board review series book for that subject. And if you have taken embryo or molecular cell bio in undergrad, then buy the high yield series book for that subject. I only recommend going over stuff you've already seen before in undergrad, trying to learn new stuff before medical school is pretty pointless.

don't read ahead. that is typical dork behavior. enjoy your summer.

if you have the interest and the money, a speedreading class would be far more useful.

This has been posted many times, run a search and you'll see a ton of advice.

After finishing my first year yesterday I can say this...don't do anything, enjoy your summer. You will have a ton of time to learn once school started. And those 4 weeks that you are going to look up stuff, really won't be directed or the volume etc that you will be getting in school. GO HANG OUT AND RELAX, YOU'LL BE GLAD YOU DID!

Go have fun, you will have pleanty of learning after school starts!