What are some competitive schools that conduct pre-secondary screening?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jae9970

Freshman Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any competitive schools that are known to reject some applicants before secondary?

Personally I think schools that ask for secondaries to every applicant stink..

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
perfect.. i was applying there as a matter of fact

Yeah, it's nice that you don't have to fork over the money for a secondary if they are going to reject you right away, but on the other hand I think it stings a little more to get flat out rejected from only the primary app.

Good luck!

Yeah, it's nice that you don't have to fork over the money for a secondary if they are going to reject you right away, but on the other hand I think it stings a little more to get flat out rejected from only the primary app.

Good luck!

haha yea exactly.. i would rather save $100 than to have a prestigious school request a secondary from me to make me feel as if i have a shot :laugh:

any more competitive schools that do pre-secondary screening?

Oops posted in wrong thread.

All the UC's screen before sending secondaries, which is great. Vanderbilt only sends secondaries to those invited. Lastly, Mayo does phone secondaries, but screens ahead of time. I'm pretty sure the others don't screen.

All the UC's screen before sending secondaries, which is great. Vanderbilt only sends secondaries to those invited. Lastly, Mayo does phone secondaries, but screens ahead of time. I'm pretty sure the others don't screen.

thanks, useful info!

Wake Forest screens before 2*ies, UNC sends secondaries only to those invited for interview

nice

keep them flowing :laugh:

Stanford typically does not screen, but I heard they did screen people in the 2007 cycle. Does anyone know what they're going to do this year?

Stanford typically does not screen, but I heard they did screen people in the 2007 cycle. Does anyone know what they're going to do this year?

i know from current med students that stanford has definitely screened before the 2007 cycle...you should expect the same this year

i know from current med students that stanford has definitely screened before the 2007 cycle...you should expect the same this year

so stanford will only give out secondaries to worthy candidates?

i think most people actually get the secondary from stanford (i did, and i definitely did not have the 40 mcat/3.9 gpa stats, but i do have tons of research)...for some reason though, they do screen some applicants pre-secondary and i saw that they also rejected some people very quickly (a few weeks) post-secondary, even those who had amazing stats.

edit. i just realized i bumped a thread from a year ago. O_O

Last edited: