What are some easy awards I can win and list on my app (please, no "Dean's List)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Forkit

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any suggestions? I'm kinda void of ideas. :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Seriously?

If it was sooooooooo easy, no one's gonna care, least of all you. Go do something worthwhile.

And ask your premed advisor, that's what they're there for.:idea:

Members don't see this ad :)
Seriously?

If it was sooooooooo easy, no one's gonna care, least of all you. Go do something worthwhile.

Not too easy, but something achievable.

What's PBK?

Phi Beta Kappa. It's an Arts and Sciences honor society. It actually is very hard to get into, but it is one of the few awards that actually stand out.

Gimme a break. Those kind of awards are transparent to the adcom and make you look like a tool. The only person you will be impressing is yourself. If you want some real awards, work hard and earn them.

Don't they have stuff like "who's who in America" where all you do is respond and they list your name in some book they try to hock to your grandparents for $50 a pop? You could do any number of the dozen such things out there.

Also, in case you didn't know, you were selected as Time's Person of the Year for 2006. You should list that...

easy awards? jumbo shrimp, military intelligence, etc...

Seriously?

QFT&E.

Nonesuchgirl, you are quickly becoming one of my favorite people on these forums. :thumbup: :love:

Members don't see this ad :)
Seriously?

Obviously, you meant: " that's what there they're for.."
jk:)

Get the Darwin award. It's a rare award (but not nearly rare enough) and you typically get put into the local newspaper too!

Do you have types of scholarships? If not, go beg for at least a dinky little one. Then you can list it by name under Scholarships and Awards.

Seriously, just because there's a blank to fill in, doesn't mean that your application is going to get a :thumbup: for finding something to squeeze in there.

I'm waiting for the night that someone comes on here to ask, "Help! What's a quick and easy way to get an infraction or disciplinary action? I don't have anything to put in that space. Will they reject me because of that?"

Also, in case you didn't know, you were selected as Time's Person of the Year for 2006. You should list that...

That's definitely been on my resume' since the issue came out, lol. Actually got me a job, too. The interviewer said it showed personality, lol.

and the best part is, once you've won it, you're eligible to award it to others - you could add that to your app too - "judging and awarding several recipients the honor of..."

hmm...i just noticed under your screenname it says "junior member"

that sounds fairly important - maybe like some type of prestigious summer internship or something: Junior Member of SDN - 19 posts

Do you have types of scholarships? If not, go beg for at least a dinky little one. Then you can list it by name under Scholarships and Awards.

Seriously, just because there's a blank to fill in, doesn't mean that your application is going to get a :thumbup: for finding something to squeeze in there.

I'm waiting for the night that someone comes on here to ask, "Help! What's a quick and easy way to get an infraction or disciplinary action? I don't have anything to put in that space. Will they reject me because of that?"

hahahahaha. that was great

My only accomplishment is getting more ass than a toilet seat.

Go buy a MMORPG and become the strongest player on the server. This is a great achievement that the adcoms won't take lightly (if you haven't lost interest in medicine yet). Even more points if one of the interviewers plays that game!

probably all the ones that will get the adcom response of:

"Ok, I'm going to cross off x, y, z, a, b, c meaningless rewards and see what this application actually has for ECs. Ok... nothing... next!"

Either everyone will have these rewards and they become useless or every adcom can see straight through them and they are useless.

have your mom give you a mug saying "world's best son/daughter"

then put that on your amcas.

How about getting something like an NBA Finals MVP award? Awards like that can definitely catch some serious attention. All you have to do is get an Xbox or Playstation and earn it like everyone else!