What are some good questions to ask to interviewers?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Inusizo

Reaction score
I just wanted some input on good questions that could be asked when having lunch with dental students on interview day along with what should be asked at the end of the formal interview? Of course things about the institution and organizations, etc. Any suggestions from current dental students or those of you that have interviewed already.

Members don't see this ad.

Do your research about the school. You’ll have some questions come up naturally while doing so that students or faculty could answer and provide unique perspectives on. Listen during your interview and maybe scrawl out a few questions based on what they say.

my go to is usually “How often do students get to relax with nitrous oxide after exams?” Can never find that info online. Or at the end of an interview I’m usually interested in how much the person can squat so I’ll ask that too.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Do your research about the school. You’ll have some questions come up naturally while doing so that students or faculty could answer and provide unique perspectives on. Listen during your interview and maybe scrawl out a few questions based on what they say.

my go to is usually “How often do students get to relax with nitrous oxide after exams?” Can never find that info online. Or at the end of an interview I’m usually interested in how much the person can squat so I’ll ask that too.

Thank you for great questions!

Members don't see this ad :)

You hit the ball out of the park with these guaranteed acceptance questions asked to the interviewers!

And to OP, do your research and see what questions YOU’RE interested in having answered. It’s really that simple.

Considering it's a career that requires us all to wear gloves, you could ask the interviewer what their glove size is.. especially if they're men

Are dental students allowed to use nitrous oxide to relax? Wow didn't know that.

Are dental students allowed to use nitrous oxide to relax? Wow didn't know that.
Keeps the nerves at bay when they are preparing to extract their molars during year 4. I heard that's one of the last things you do before graduation

Reactions: 2 users

Laughed out loud in a library hahaha

A question I always like to ask is how they prepare/train in manual dexterity, and if there are any courses/clubs dedicated to Spanish in dentistry.

Keeps the nerves at bay when they are preparing to extract their molars during year 4. I heard that's one of the last things you do before graduation

I don't know. Is it good to ask question about nitrous oxide? It's illegal stuff in my country so I'm a little hesitant to ask.

I don't know. Is it good to ask question about nitrous oxide? It's illegal stuff in my country so I'm a little hesitant to ask.
Just depends on how you do during the mental health assessment. Must be within the parameters

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Alright, alright, I’ll bite. Not sure if you’re just trolling now with reverse sarcasm/double sarcasm/playing dumb, if you are props. But the “in my country” comment made me a little nervous since not everyone picks up on US sarcasm, especially if English isn’t your first language and especially if you’re reading it. We are joking about Nitrous Oxide question and student use. Don’t ask that.

Reactions: 3 users
Alright, alright, I’ll bite. Not sure if you’re just trolling now with reverse sarcasm/double sarcasm/playing dumb, if you are props. But the “in my country” comment made me a little nervous since not everyone picks up on US sarcasm, especially if English isn’t your first language and especially if you’re reading it. We are joking about Nitrous Oxide question and student use. Don’t ask that.

Oh well...I use N2O every week...

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user