What are some good resources on med schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BiteSize

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not applying until next year and I feel that I have a vague understanding of many medical schools. However, I'd really like to know more specifics on more schools. Does anyone know of an awesome resource to get these details?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

BiteSize said:
I'm not applying until next year and I feel that I have a vague understanding of many medical schools. However, I'd really like to know more specifics on more schools. Does anyone know of an awesome resource to get these details?
Thanks!
MSAR. It should be in the career center or library at your school. Other than that, just try looking at med school websites if you want to get a feel of what individual schools are like (emphasis on research v. primary care etc).

I figured MSAR. I guess I was hoping there was some book/website out there that I was unaware of. Looks like I've got some more researching to do!

If you're looking for more information on each school beyond the MSAR level, go look to those schools' websites. Easy enough. AAMC also has good general knowledge about applying and beyond.