What are some MID-LEVEL anxiety programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scienceisbeauty

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
There's a "what are the TOP level anxiety programs" thread, so what about the mid-level?

I want to apply broadly ...

Any help would be so very appreciated! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Are you looking to do research or are you speaking mainly about the clinical experience you will receive? "Anxiety" is still a very broad area in terms of research. If you want to study a treatment for a specific diagnosis, or the assessment of anxiety, or dual diagnoses, your best bet will be to find articles in this specific area of interest and then see which schools the authors are affiliated with.

Yeah, I'm looking for research focused schools......
That's a good idea - I have given that very advice to others, yet I didn't apply it to myself..

I guess though too, just like there's a top level anxiety schools list, it'd be nice to have a mid level anxiety schools list (that's research focused)

Yeah, I'm looking for research focused schools......
That's a good idea - I have given that very advice to others, yet I didn't apply it to myself..

I guess though too, just like there's a top level anxiety schools list, it'd be nice to have a mid level anxiety schools list (that's research focused)

What do you mean by "mid-level"? Most research oriented schools are very difficult to get into. I would take another look at the other list. I seem to remember recommending a wide range of schools. The ones that are in less desirable locations are going to be a little easier to get into. Likewise, the ones that are highly ranked on USN&WR will be harder to get into (not necessarily because those rankings mean anything, but because applicants do read into them and are more apt to apply to them). However, the hardest school to get into will be one that you are a poor match for. If you are a good match for a program, I wouldn't let its ranking scare you away from applying to it.