Complete What are some more things I can do during gap year(s)?

D

deleted1072210

I decided to take 2 gap years to figure everything out. I wanted to do optometry, but now I’m change to pre-med or pre-podiatry. I’m not exactly for sure which one I’m wanting to pursue. I‘m starting a job as a CNA soon. I’m in a SMP right now. I haven’t got to shadow due to this pandemic. I‘m planning on taking the MCAT this summer. I was wondering what are some other things I can do.

Members don't see this ad.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I decided to take 2 gap years to figure everything out. I wanted to do optometry, but now I’m change to pre-med or pre-podiatry. I’m not exactly for sure which one I’m wanting to pursue. I‘m starting a job as a CNA soon. I’m in a SMP right now. I haven’t got to shadow due to this pandemic. I‘m planning on taking the MCAT this summer. I was wondering what are some other things I can do.
Get a scribing job
Volunteer for Meals on Meals, food banks, election poll worker (normally done by seniors) or check in with your local houses of worship.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheBoneDoctah

Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Scribing is an awesome gig if you can get it. Works for shadowing and clinical experience for your ECs. You can see if you enjoy what physicians do AND it is really good once you get into medical school. A ton of my classmates were scribes and they have some of the nicest SOAP notes you get.

Reactions: 1 user

Asking Your Question

Your question is only visible to you and the expert team members. Multiple experts may advise you.

A few times a month, the most useful questions and answers are anonymized and posted to the main Confidential Consult forum to help benefit others who may have the same question.