What are some more visual ways to remember things?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dhooy7

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I heard a red book that was recommended to visually remember things. Any advice? I have reading troubles and trying to use more visuals like sketchy. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I drew things out (muscles, neuroanatomy) or created color coded flow charts (krebs cycle, b12 metabolism etc.) on a white board, and then I erased and drew it from memory over and over until I got it right. I keep a notebook filled with the drawings so I can reference to make sure I am correct. Just depends on what you are learning. If it has a nice story to tell from beginning to end, this method of study is very efficient and helps you connect ideas. But if it is straight up memorization without a clear cut story, it gets a little tougher, unless it’s anatomy (for me the drawing helped me put structures in perspective, and helped me memorize). Flash cards work better for those. But again, it just depends on what you are learning.