• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

What are some papers and/or books that every Rad Onc PGY-2 should read?

nycmed15

10+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2011
  1. Medical Student
    Just curious about good resources for learning about Rad Onc basics.

I know that nothing beats clinic time and one-on-one teaching, but could anyone suggest landmark papers and/or books that every PGY-2 should read?

About the Ads
    D

deleted4401

To original OP - there used to be a "key papers" section on the ARRO subsite of ASTRO, but it was never very updated. Check there. Wiki is good. Ready UpToDate and handbooks and that will point you in the right direction. Also, RTOG protocols do a very through walk-through of the evidence up to that point about whatever they are studying. NCCN for workup and standard tx options.

The 805

5+ Year Member
      Feb 25, 2012
      1. Resident [Any Field]
        I've been essentially following the recipe which Reaganite and SimulD recommended (Leibel and Phillips, Hansen and Roach, Wikibooks, and NCCN guidelines), and I'm finding that's working really well. Tackling everything from the standpoint of workup and staging (which dictates treatment), has helped organize things a little.

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.