What are standards texts for MS1's?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

Smile'n'Wink MD

What are some recommended/suggested/standard texts for a first years? I want to start shopping for them on cheap internet sites. Thanks in advance! :)

Members don't see this ad.

First of all, you might be able to get them cheaper from some upperclassmen.

Secondly, do a search. there are many, many, many threads on this topic.

chameleonknight said:
First of all, you might be able to get them cheaper from some upperclassmen.

Secondly, do a search. there are many, many, many threads on this topic.

True, well said!! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Is Gray's Anatomy used in med school? I know that it is a rather comprehensive text on anatomy, so when I saw it in Waldenbooks for $10 I just picked it up. (Paperback, 2003 edition) I guess that doesn't answer your question very well though. I don't even know where I was going with this reply :p

I have not heard of anyone using Gray's for medical school...Netter is what most folks end up using but who knows I just started.

I was given a copy of Gray's and I found it borderline useless. You would have to be an experienced anatomist to even follow the text.

Ok, one more piece of advice: don't buy the first thing you see. Read through the book and see if you can follow the text, i.e. does it bore you to tears, is the font too small, etc.

Caveat emptor!

None. Use review books and class notes. But for physio get castonzo it was the only text book I bought and read for first year.

Rogue_Leader said:
Is Gray's Anatomy used in med school? I know that it is a rather comprehensive text on anatomy, so when I saw it in Waldenbooks for $10 I just picked it up. (Paperback, 2003 edition) I guess that doesn't answer your question very well though. I don't even know where I was going with this reply :p

There are actually..but it's not so useful. BUt again, depending on your school, some schools use certain texts which they base exam questions from as well, so, it'll be good to check out with your seniors