What are the best Podiatry Schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

~BaByGuRl~

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what school is good. I'm thinking about staying in FL. What do you all think about Barry University?

Members don't see this ad.

~BaByGuRl~ said:
I was wondering what school is good. I'm thinking about staying in FL. What do you all think about Barry University?

This is a tough issue b/c everyone is loyal to his/her school (accept maybe Whiskers), which is why they chose to attend. It's kind of like asking a person which is a better school Florida, Florida State, or Miami?

I would suggest visiting a few schools and ask questions like:
-What is your first time pass rate on Part I of the boards?
-What percentage of your graduates are placed in a 3 year residency?
-What separates you from the rest of the pod schools?
-Describe the curriculum the college offers.
-How are the resources? Are the new?
-Have you added any new buildings or are you planning on renovating anytime soon?

Questions like these people can answer b/c they are not opinion based. You can lie about the numbers but the numbers never lie. I would be happy to answer any questions you may have about the College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery in Des Moines, IA. Feel free to PM me.

~BaByGuRl~ said:

Dr Feelgood is absolutely right about what you need to ask for in a school. I would strongly advise looking at more than location in a school. Go to a few different interviews and see what feels right for you. Because regardless of stats or big names, thats what will benefit you the most.

However, there does seem to be some schools that offer a lot more for their students than others, as for education and resources. In my opinion I would look at some schools that are either affiliated with a regular medical school or better yet, are fully integrated with the DO students. I believe these schools are going to be the leading Podiatric educators of the future.

Good Luck in your search.

Members don't see this ad :)
ok.
Thanks so much on the opinions.
I'll use both the questions and suggestions.

My only advice, EVER....

Stick with schools who have medical school students in their basic science classes.

~BaByGuRl~ said:

DMU is the best school in the UNIVERSE (and I'm not bias at all) :laugh:

best podiatry school? that's easy.

here is the ultimate list:

1.DMUCPMS
2.SCPM
3.TUSPM
4.AZPOD
5.OCPM
6.NYCPM
7.BUGMS
8.CSPM

enjoy! :)

ppormansdoormd said:

1.DMUCPMS
2.SCPM
3.TUSPM
4.AZPOD
5.OCPM
6.NYCPM
7.BUGMS
8.CSPM

:thumbup: I would have to agree with those rankings. It's hard to really rate the Arizona school since they haven't taken boards or graduated a class yet, but I have a feeling their school will be one of the best. Great facilities, big name faculty and integrated classes with DO students. Kinda like DMU!

ppormansdoormd said:

1.DMUCPMS
2.SCPM
3.TUSPM
4.AZPOD
5.OCPM
6.NYCPM
7.BUGMS
8.CSPM

Why would anyone put CSPM at the bottom of the list?

I don't mean to be picky, but they turned out Dr. Armstrong or whatever his name is that is a huge researcher at Scholl's and every frickin' DPM who works out of UCLA- which is not a bad place to work out of if I do say so myself- has gone to CSPM.

What's the deal here? They are not ranked. Get over it.

I don't say this because I am bitter- I actually got into DMU, Scholl's, Temple and CSPM- but because I don't like the fact that anyone is going to be trying to play US News and World Report in this forum.

We're not pre-meds people! Go to the school you click with. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think the purpose of this thread was to knock any particular schools and obviously people are going to have different opinions, whether they are biased or not. I agree that there is no accurate way to rank the schools that I have seen, but if you look at the list that ppormansdoormd posted I think it is not a bad list if you take certain factors into consideration such as:
-school facilities
-integrated curriculum (w/MD,DO)
-% PM&S 36 residency placement
-fourth year extern options (how many programs can you visit etc.)
-Board Scores (most important factor in my opinion and possibly the reason for the low CSPM rank)
With that being said I do believe that you can receive a good education at any of the podiatric medical schools if you are willing to work hard. Each school has its own strengths and weaknesses. As for babygurl's original question there is no definitive answer to what schools are the best, but I would certainly ask questions when visiting each school about board scores and residency placement. Personally I am glad to see that some pre-podiatry students want to know what schools will prepare them to be the best doctors possible and are not just choosing a school based on location or a little more scholarship money. Just my opinion though.

gustydoc said:
I don't think the purpose of this thread was to knock any particular schools and obviously people are going to have different opinions, whether they are biased or not. I agree that there is no accurate way to rank the schools that I have seen, but if you look at the list that ppormansdoormd posted I think it is not a bad list if you take certain factors into consideration such as:
-school facilities
-integrated curriculum (w/MD,DO)
-% PM&S 36 residency placement
-fourth year extern options (how many programs can you visit etc.)
-Board Scores (most important factor in my opinion and possibly the reason for the low CSPM rank)
With that being said I do believe that you can receive a good education at any of the podiatric medical schools if you are willing to work hard. Each school has its own strengths and weaknesses. As for babygurl's original question there is no definitive answer to what schools are the best, but I would certainly ask questions when visiting each school about board scores and residency placement. Personally I am glad to see that some pre-podiatry students want to know what schools will prepare them to be the best doctors possible and are not just choosing a school based on location or a little more scholarship money. Just my opinion though.

I don't think that people should just throw a dart and choose and pod school, so I agree with you there. But thank you for also highlighting the fact that a student can get a good education at any of the schools out there.

It's all what you make of it.

:)

No, it's not all what you make of it! Some schools in my opinion have a higher standard which reflects on the maturity and intelligence of their students.

"my school is the best because it has the best restrooms."

"my school is the best because I am in the top and want to look so smart, but don't ask me about old exams or my professional podiatry school coaches."

"My school is the best simply because I go there."

"The recruiter told me my school is the best."

If I'm allowed to in the podiatry forum, I believe that there are good and bad everything.

I like to think that the schools affiliated with the medical schools have great programs.

My list

1. DMU
1.5 AZ
1.5 Temple
3. Scholl

Ether

5. NY Pod
6. Ohio
7. California

whiskers said:
My list

1. DMU
1.5 AZ
1.5 Temple
3. Scholl

Ether

5. NY Pod
6. Ohio
7. California
Whiskers since you're such an authority on the schools, where's Barry in this list? Did you 'forget' there's more than 7 schools? I mean, I guess, 7 is close enough to 8. Of course, this is just as close as your comments on the field are 'close enough' to the truth, as well. Ah hell, why be precise huh?

How can you rank, when you don't even know how many schools of podiatry exist? And you were/are a pods student, am I correct sir? Where... on the moon? :laugh:

whiskers said:
My list

1. DMU
1.5 AZ
1.5 Temple
3. Scholl

Ether

5. NY Pod
6. Ohio
7. California

besides leaving out Barry I agree with the list except fot temple I think it could go with the last 3. just because it is associated with a med school does not mean much since they do not take classes with the med students. same teachers is not the same thing. At NYCPM we have the same teachers as Mount Sinai School of Medicine, Columbia, New York College of Medicine ... but that does not mean that we get the same quality lectures as the med students.

whiskers!!! you're back. I'm glad because in all seriousness I was beginning to miss your realistic and somewhat pessimistic views, anyways even if you do get a lot of crap, you're just speaking the truth the way you see it.

My Poll:

1) All 8 Schools

Unlike Allopathic Medicine, Osteopathic Medicine, Dentistry, Optometry, etc. we don't have a slew of schools to choose from. We have 8 schools of podiatric medicine. Hell, there are more schools for perfusion science than there are schools for podiatry. (Its true! You can look it up). I say, all the schools are unique and honorable in their respective ways. Go to the school that fits your personality and needs the best.

:thumbup:

krabmas said:
besides leaving out Barry I agree with the list except fot temple I think it could go with the last 3. just because it is associated with a med school does not mean much since they do not take classes with the med students. same teachers is not the same thing. At NYCPM we have the same teachers as Mount Sinai School of Medicine, Columbia, New York College of Medicine ... but that does not mean that we get the same quality lectures as the med students.

Hmm. I am not sure if I would agree with you about Temple. You are correct in that we do not sit in the same class as the MD students at Temple because we are on different campuses and the basic science courses for MD students and DPM students are offered in different semesters. The course content for Physiology, Neuroscience, Pharmacology, Pathology, Physical Diagnosis are identical to the MD course and are taught by the same professors. Many of my classmates utilize the MD old exams to assist us in preparation for the exam since the exam content is same as the MD students. In fact, every year, Pathology course coordinator usually compare the overall average of the MD and DPM students in the Pathology course every year. There are one or two years where DPM students actually had a higher overall average than the MD students. The only basic science courses that has course content different from the MD school are Biochemistry, Anatomy, and Microbiology.

Physical Diagnosis course is identical to the MD school. Of course, TUSPM also tacks on several extra lectures for the Lower Extremity. Similar to the MD students, the TUSPM students have to go through a live simulated patient practical and go to Temple University Hospital to do x amount of H&Ps.

As for our clinical rotations, TUSPM students are expected to function like any other MD/DO students on that clinical rotation. We rotate along MD/DO students in facilities like Temple University Hospital, Graduate Hospital, University of Pennsylvania - Presbyterian Medical Center, etc..... In fact, TUSPM has started to implement "shelf exams" for several of the clinical rotaions to test the student's knowledge on that clinical rotation. This is model after shelf exams that MD/DO students take after their clinical rotations.

As for TUSPM students placement, TUSPM students continue to be placed into many of the top Podiatric Surgical residency program in the country, such as, Tucker (Northlake), West Penn, Seattle, etc... I think that it is ridiculous for you to say that TUSPM should not be in the top of the list of Podiatry schools because we do not sit in the same classes as Temple MD students (similar to NYCPM). Unlike NYCPM, TUSPM is very much integrated with the Temple MD program in terms of clinical training and basic science training since the course contents are identical to and are same quality as the MD school, even though, we don't sit in the same courses as the MD students. Just because MD faculty at NYCPM do not provide the same quality lectures to the NYCPM students as they do to the MD students, it does not mean that it will happen every where else. I am sure that at Scholl, the Scholl students get the same quality lectures as the MD students in courses that they do not sit in the same classroom as the MD students. I usually do not get involved with ranking of Podiatry schools since each students need to find the Podiatry school that will be the best fit for him or her. In my opinion, TUSPM is amongst the top Podiatry schools along with AZPOD, DMU, and Scholl.

This is why I'm not big on ratings, it is a very subjective evaluation. Unless CPME and NBPME decides to release all of the national board scores we will only have opinions. To me I think that releasing the info makes schools improve or die. But some deans don't want the competition. If they released those scores and broke it down by section schools would be forced to work on their weaker areas. A major weakness at CPMS is radiology. We continue to try to improve but if our scores showed we were near the bottom and everyone knew it. They would be forced to make more stringent changes. Now, I'm not saying that that is true, but I do know the Dean Yoho is the biggest advocate to make those scores public.

I think a lot of times people rate the schools by their basic science curriculum and not their overall rating. This would need to include information such as quality of the facilities, curriculum (both basic science and clinical), residency placement, research, faculty, ect., ect. There are a lot of things people don't think about when rating schools.

If you took all of these into account you cannot rate AZPOD that high b/c they are unproven and lack a few of those areas. Now in a few years, you would have more info.

So, if we want to really have this debate at your next SGA meeting demand your dean votes to make national board scores public knowledge.

dpmgrad said:
Hmm. I am not sure if I would agree with you about Temple. You are correct in that we do not sit in the same class as the MD students at Temple because we are on different campuses and the basic science courses for MD students and DPM students are offered in different semesters. The course content for Physiology, Neuroscience, Pharmacology, Pathology, Physical Diagnosis are identical to the MD course and are taught by the same professors. Many of my classmates utilize the MD old exams to assist us in preparation for the exam since the exam content is same as the MD students. In fact, every year, Pathology course coordinator usually compare the overall average of the MD and DPM students in the Pathology course every year. There are one or two years where DPM students actually had a higher overall average than the MD students. The only basic science courses that has course content different from the MD school are Biochemistry, Anatomy, and Microbiology.

Physical Diagnosis course is identical to the MD school. Of course, TUSPM also tacks on several extra lectures for the Lower Extremity. Similar to the MD students, the TUSPM students have to go through a live simulated patient practical and go to Temple University Hospital to do x amount of H&Ps.

As for our clinical rotations, TUSPM students are expected to function like any other MD/DO students on that clinical rotation. We rotate along MD/DO students in facilities like Temple University Hospital, Graduate Hospital, University of Pennsylvania - Presbyterian Medical Center, etc..... In fact, TUSPM has started to implement "shelf exams" for several of the clinical rotaions to test the student's knowledge on that clinical rotation. This is model after shelf exams that MD/DO students take after their clinical rotations.

As for TUSPM students placement, TUSPM students continue to be placed into many of the top Podiatric Surgical residency program in the country, such as, Tucker (Northlake), West Penn, Seattle, etc... I think that it is ridiculous for you to say that TUSPM should not be in the top of the list of Podiatry schools because we do not sit in the same classes as Temple MD students (similar to NYCPM). Unlike NYCPM, TUSPM is very much integrated with the Temple MD program in terms of clinical training and basic science training since the course contents are identical to and are same quality as the MD school, even though, we don't sit in the same courses as the MD students. Just because MD faculty at NYCPM do not provide the same quality lectures to the NYCPM students as they do to the MD students, it does not mean that it will happen every where else. I am sure that at Scholl, the Scholl students get the same quality lectures as the MD students in courses that they do not sit in the same classroom as the MD students. I usually do not get involved with ranking of Podiatry schools since each students need to find the Podiatry school that will be the best fit for him or her. In my opinion, TUSPM is amongst the top Podiatry schools along with AZPOD, DMU, and Scholl.

I want to clarify that I never ranked NYCPM better than Temple. So in that respect I am uncertain why they are being compared here.

Maybe with these improvements Temple will be better but what I have heard from students that attend Temple pod they say that profs do not show up sometimes to class (unacceptable) due to traffic between the campuses. This is not an occasional occurance according to these students.

And I have met a few Temple grads in clinical settings and have not been impressed with them. I know all schools have their black sheep but is that all i have met so far.

I do not think that Temple is a bad school but I also do not think that it belongs in the top 4.

That is just my oppinion, but I chose my school based on location so what do I know.

krabmas said:
repeat - oops.

and I do not even have a gateway. :laugh:
Oh my... pass me the bottle :laugh:

There is a podiatry clinic right across the street from the hospital I currently work at and I have had the chance to go and observe and talk with the podiatrists everyday this week. Four Temple grads operate this clinic along with 3 other clinics they own nearby. I definitely think it is a good idea to go and talk with podiatrists who are willing to talk about their profession and practice honestly. Two of the podiatrists have been nice enough to sit with me at lunch everyday and answer my questions as well as tell me a lot of important information about Temple, other programs, residency issues, insurance issues, why podiatry might not be the right choice for me, and even stuff like why doing a 3 year residency might not be helpful in states like NC because most of the time NC podiatrists are not allowed to (or don't get the chance to) use what they learn in their 3rd year of residency in this state and its hospitals. (basically I finish all my hospital work in the morning by 9 and stay at their clinic from 9 till 2)

From what I've heard, I am really really REALLY leaning towards Temple. But that's just me.

what is everyone arguing about? i gave the list and it is "the list". so just chill because this is the truth.

here is "the" list.

1.DMUCPMS
2.SCPM
3.TUSPM
4.AZPOD
5.OCPM
6.NYCPM
7.BUGMS
8.CSPM

enjoy! :luck: :) :D :oops: ;) :cool: :rolleyes:

capo said:
Whiskers since you're such an authority on the schools, where's Barry in this list? Did you 'forget' there's more than 7 schools? I mean, I guess, 7 is close enough to 8. Of course, this is just as close as your comments on the field are 'close enough' to the truth, as well. Ah hell, why be precise huh?

How can you rank, when you don't even know how many schools of podiatry exist? And you were/are a pods student, am I correct sir? Where... on the moon? :laugh:

The ether zone sometimes contains things (whole or fractured) and sometimes it contains a very empty vacuum.

This isn't a random thought... Instead it's a way to describe a condition .. or better yet, a weird state of affairs. I'm some how confident that the first four schools, ranked 1-3, will not be forgotten, but what about the remainder of the programs wondering in that empty podiatry pond? Maybe today we can see an answer instead of a question?

My personal advice, don't get lost in any "outer spaces."

In any event, thank-you for reminding me of the #8 that the ether zone forgot. But to be honest, tomorrow it could be one of the others floating somewhere.

whiskers said:
The ether zone sometimes contains things (whole or fractured) and sometimes it contains a very empty vacuum.

This isn't a random thought... Instead it's a way to describe a condition .. or better yet, a weird state of affairs. I'm some how confident that the first four schools, ranked 1-3, will not be forgotten, but what about the remainder of the programs wondering in that empty podiatry pond? Maybe today we can see an answer instead of a question?

My personal advice, don't get lost in any "outer spaces."

In any event, thank-you for reminding me of the #8 that the ether zone forgot. But to be honest, tomorrow it could be one of the others floating somewhere.

He's back. incoherent as ever. all is right on SDN. :laugh:

IlizaRob said:
Are you two classmates or something, you and Krabmas I mean. You seem to have a tea party going on in all the threads. Just curious.

He just likes me. :laugh:

krabmas said:
He just likes me. :laugh:
No I don't! :laugh: You just like me! :p
No, truth be told, you're marrying whiskers and you didn't want to tell us nor invite us. :(

Haha.... gotcha on that one didn't I, Krab? :laugh:

The PodPod

Are you currently in NC?

yup. I'm in raleigh, NC currently working at WakeMed.

Is OCPM that bad of a school? Does anyone have experience there? They're hooked up with Case Western Reserve... I thought that was a good thing.

yup. I'm in raleigh, NC currently working at WakeMed.

That's cool. I go to ECU in Greenville but I am in Raleigh for the summer living with my parents. What are you doing at WakeMed?

capo said:
No I don't! :laugh: You just like me! :p
No, truth be told, you're marrying whiskers and you didn't want to tell us nor invite us. :(

Haha.... gotcha on that one didn't I, Krab? :laugh:

That is right. I promised I'd give wiskers the old tests and he got on one knee and proposed to me. I did not have the heart to say no and here we are about to walk down the aisle. Maybe I should rethink this :D

krabmas said:
I want to clarify that I never ranked NYCPM better than Temple. So in that respect I am uncertain why they are being compared here.

Maybe with these improvements Temple will be better but what I have heard from students that attend Temple pod they say that profs do not show up sometimes to class (unacceptable) due to traffic between the campuses. This is not an occasional occurance according to these students.

And I have met a few Temple grads in clinical settings and have not been impressed with them. I know all schools have their black sheep but is that all i have met so far.

I do not think that Temple is a bad school but I also do not think that it belongs in the top 4.

That is just my oppinion, but I chose my school based on location so what do I know.

Actually, you are the one who compared TUSPM to NYCPM in your original posting by stating that just because we have MD school faculty teaching our basic sciences courses and we are not physically in the same classroom as the MD students, it does not mean that the course would be of the same quality as the MD school course, as in the case at NYCPM. I was just merely pointing out to you that the content and quality of the TUSPM basic science courses taught by MD school faculty were at the same quality of the MD school course.

As for ranking TUSPM above NYCPM, I do believe that TUSPM is a better school than NYCPM. It is my opinion. Of course, you are entitled to your opinion in that TUSPM should not be ranked along with the other top three schools. As you said, most people would choose the school that would best fit them. For example, you chose your school based on location. I chose my school because it is still in the Northeast and many Podiatrists back home in New York City told me not to go to NYCPM.

As for problems at TUSPM, all podiatry schools have their share of problems. TUSPM has tons of them that need to be worked on. As you said, perhaps, if they correct some of these problems, the school might be even better. In regards to the professor being late and not showing up due to traffic issues, there will always be traffic issues since TUSPM is located in downtown Philadelphia and the medical school is located about 4 miles north of the downtown area. Perhaps, a solution would be to relocate TUSPM onto the Temple University Health Science Campus. Hopefully, the school is working on something to resolving this issue of professors not showing up. This rarely happened to me when I was a student. Of course, things do change over time. In agreement with you, it is not acceptable for a professor to not show up to class.

As for meeting some of the "not so impressive" Temple grads in the clinical settings, you are right in that every school have their blacksheep. I am not here to make excuses for the "not so impressive" Temple grads that you may have encountered. After looking at the last 5 years of residency placement, majority of the TUSPM students have been placed into good surgical programs in greater Philadelphia area, top Podiatric Surgical Residency programs in the US, or away from the Northeast. There are a few exceptions where some of the decent students are in programs like Morristown and Yale. Based on the list of residency placement, majority of the "bottom of the barrel" students usually end up programs in New Jersey or New York. Again, there are a few exceptions. The reason for this is that the state of Pennsylvania requires the student to be able to sit for and pass the PMLexis (NBPME Part III) to start any residency program in Pennsylvania. Many of the "bottom of the barrel" students could not sit for the PMLexis because they could not pass the Part 2 boards. Hence, those students would seek programs in NJ or NY, where students are not required to sit for the PMLexis (NJ) or not required sit for the PMLexis during the first year after graduation (NY). During some of the NYC Podiatry conferences, I have run into some of the TUSPM grads doing their residency training in NYC. One of those grads did not even pass Part 2 boards when this person began the training at one of the more popular 3 year surgical residency programs in NYC. My point is that you probably did run into several of the blacksheep of TUSPM during your clinical exposures. If you want to know what the quality of TUSPM students are like, I would recommending you checking out some of the decent surgical residency programs in the greater Philadelphia area or in the more popular or top surgical residency programs outside of the NY/NJ area.

dpmgrad said:
Actually, you are the one who compared TUSPM to NYCPM in your original posting by stating that just because we have MD school faculty teaching our basic sciences courses and we are not physically in the same classroom as the MD students, it does not mean that the course would be of the same quality as the MD school course, as in the case at NYCPM. I was just merely pointing out to you that the content and quality of the TUSPM basic science courses taught by MD school faculty were at the same quality of the MD school course.

As for ranking TUSPM above NYCPM, I do believe that TUSPM is a better school than NYCPM. It is my opinion. Of course, you are entitled to your opinion in that TUSPM should not be ranked along with the other top three schools. As you said, most people would choose the school that would best fit them. For example, you chose your school based on location. I chose my school because it is still in the Northeast and many Podiatrists back home in New York City told me not to go to NYCPM.

As for problems at TUSPM, all podiatry schools have their share of problems. TUSPM has tons of them that need to be worked on. As you said, perhaps, if they correct some of these problems, the school might be even better. In regards to the professor being late and not showing up due to traffic issues, there will always be traffic issues since TUSPM is located in downtown Philadelphia and the medical school is located about 4 miles north of the downtown area. Perhaps, a solution would be to relocate TUSPM onto the Temple University Health Science Campus. Hopefully, the school is working on something to resolving this issue of professors not showing up. This rarely happened to me when I was a student. Of course, things do change over time. In agreement with you, it is not acceptable for a professor to not show up to class.

As for meeting some of the "not so impressive" Temple grads in the clinical settings, you are right in that every school have their blacksheep. I am not here to make excuses for the "not so impressive" Temple grads that you may have encountered. After looking at the last 5 years of residency placement, majority of the TUSPM students have been placed into good surgical programs in greater Philadelphia area, top Podiatric Surgical Residency programs in the US, or away from the Northeast. There are a few exceptions where some of the decent students are in programs like Morristown and Yale. Based on the list of residency placement, majority of the "bottom of the barrel" students usually end up programs in New Jersey or New York. Again, there are a few exceptions. The reason for this is that the state of Pennsylvania requires the student to be able to sit for and pass the PMLexis (NBPME Part III) to start any residency program in Pennsylvania. Many of the "bottom of the barrel" students could not sit for the PMLexis because they could not pass the Part 2 boards. Hence, those students would seek programs in NJ or NY, where students are not required to sit for the PMLexis (NJ) or not required sit for the PMLexis during the first year after graduation (NY). During some of the NYC Podiatry conferences, I have run into some of the TUSPM grads doing their residency training in NYC. One of those grads did not even pass Part 2 boards when this person began the training at one of the more popular 3 year surgical residency programs in NYC. My point is that you probably did run into several of the blacksheep of TUSPM during your clinical exposures. If you want to know what the quality of TUSPM students are like, I would recommending you checking out some of the decent surgical residency programs in the greater Philadelphia area or in the more popular or top surgical residency programs outside of the NY/NJ area.

just to clarify...

I have not met any temple grads in the NY area.

I met them in philly and DC. I have not visited one NY program except MSSM for free food.

I have no interest in staying in the NY NJ area.

One other thing to consider is the fact that some of the schools have a higher level of professionalism than others. This should not be the one reason that people choose one school over the other, but seriously when I went to some of the places on the east coast- I am not lying- in the anatomy lab, there were skull fragments lying around and bodies uncovered. It was so disrespectful. Yuck!

The only school that actually abided by the policy of "resect for the dead" was DMU. So, to be real and honest, every school has their downfall. Even if they are attached to a med school. :)

krabmas said:
just to clarify...

I have not met any temple grads in the NY area.

I met them in philly and DC. I have not visited one NY program except MSSM for free food.

I have no interest in staying in the NY NJ area.

I guess that you have made your point about the quality of TUSPM students. :) By the way, I may have run into you at one or two of the Podiatry conferences in NYC.

dpmgrad said:
I guess that you have made your point about the quality of TUSPM students. :) By the way, I may have run into you at one or two of the Podiatry conferences in NYC.

do you know if you have?

He was that guy that bought you the drink. It was the strawberry and roofies daiquiri.

krabmas said:
do you know if you have?

I think so because I met your friend/classmate at the NY Podiatry Conference at Marriott Marquis. Your friend/classmate then introduced you to me at the MSSM conference. :) I realized who you were after you indicated what programs you were externing at on SDN.

dpmgrad said:
I think so because I met your friend/classmate at the NY Podiatry Conference at Marriott Marquis. Your friend/classmate then introduced you to me at the MSSM conference. :) I realized who you were after you indicated what programs you were externing at on SDN.

oh -crap. I know who you are too.

OK so you are the exception from your school.

krabmas said:
oh -crap. I know who you are too.

OK so you are the exception from your school.

I think that some of the posters here on SDN may get jealous since I have met you in person. :) By the way, I am joining a group in Philadelphia when I get done with my residency at the end of this month. If you are ever in the Philly area, feel free to drop by and say hi.

dpmgrad said:
I think that some of the posters here on SDN may get jealous since I have met you in person. :) By the way, I am joining a group in Philadelphia when I get done with my residency at the end of this month. If you are ever in the Philly area, feel free to drop by and say hi.

they are already jealous of me. so don't worry it won't be your fault.

but since I know you I will trust your posts a little more. I used to think " eh, what does this guy know" :laugh:

good luck in philly!

copen said:
Is OCPM that bad of a school? Does anyone have experience there? They're hooked up with Case Western Reserve... I thought that was a good thing.

i'm a student at OCPM, and to be honest its not that bad. The curriculum is strong but i'm not the biggest fan of the professors although quite a few of them already teach at Case western reserve but thats just me. The material is there so its pretty much upto you to follow, learn, and ask questions when necessary. The curriculum is definately good enough to get you going to the clinic and this is probably our strongest asset - clinical exposure. We have rotations at university hospital and the cleveland clinic foundation. In addition, our DPM facculty are really experienced and well trainied - we are fortunate enough to work with them at the VA hospital, cleveland foot and ankle clinic, and the surgical suites of the cleveland clinic.

To clarify our Case western reserve university affiliation, we share some of their basic science professors and their health insurance plans - but thats it really. We don't share classes with anyone - so our only interaction with other health professionals, MD, or DO students is through our VA, university hospitals, and cleveland clinic rotations.

Anyways, I'm not claiming this is the best podiatry school by any means but what i'm saying is that with alot of effort on your part, you should be able to graduate from our school with enough confidence to succeed in residency training. If you have any questoins, please feel free to pm me at any time

good luck with your decisions