What are the best resources for BB to improve?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dhooy7

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is the third time retaking and got a 500 previously. I am using TBR for CP which is taking awhile. I wanted some suggestions on how to improve my BB score. I got a 125 and hoping for 128-130. My content is weak and never really focused on it. I plan on using Anki, but is there a document with all the KA videos in a schedule by chapter?

I just need a plan to follow as I just started. I don't want to start jumping around. I am going to do all of UWORLD as it helped me a lot in PS. I think FLs and UWORLD will help me a lot. I thought I had done it all right. The first time I did tons of practice and like 10-15 Fls. Then I retook it about 2 months later but I know I can do better. I plan on doing all of KA practice problems, watching their videos and KA lectures, and UWORLD for sure. Hoping to do at least 10 FLs by May as well. Any other advice? My goal is a 510+.

Members don't see this ad.

UWorld is best for PS and some say CARS but I never touched that section. For BB nothing is going to beat the section banks and then maybe the AAMC FLs.

I did SBs multiple times and took all of the AAMC FLs. My content is weak and the discretes on all sections scared me tremendously

You have a serious lack of knowledge if your issue is with the discrete questions. With each practice question you should be learning the material but also how they like to ask questions and what they are trying to get you to think about. If you have done this much prep and not improved you aren't gaining from the content you are just burning through it.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You have a serious lack of knowledge if your issue is with the discrete questions. With each practice question you should be learning the material but also how they like to ask questions and what they are trying to get you to think about. If you have done this much prep and not improved you aren't gaining from the content you are just burning through it.
I never did Anki for BB, just UWORLD. I never focused on content.

I never did Anki for BB, just UWORLD. I never focused on content.

Never focused on content? You need to focus on content even though the MCAT is more critical thinking, content is still a big part of the exam. I suggest TBR or Kaplan for B/B content. Khan Academy videos too. Also get the AAMC Official Guide. The book gives out the topics that will be on the exam. Make sure you’ve gone through each one when doing content.

For passage practice I suggest alti test prep and EK. Also don’t take the exam until you are absolutely sure you are ready. Since you’ve already taken all AAMC stuff you will need to get some 3rd parties you haven’t done before. But still doing AAMC stuff even though you’ve already done it to get in the feel for their exams.

Reactions: 1 users
Depends if it content review or you are learning for the first time, also how far out your test is....I know for initial learning, I used draw it to know it. Not the best pace for review, but phenomenal for learning B/B concepts the first time round. Plus, print out the PDFs and have that as a mental image (Easy to remember a picture than words). However, for review, as others have mentioned go through the SB and review what you get wrong.

Testing in May. I am retaking the exam and need to do better.
analyze every question and answer choice in the aamc section bank....then do the same for every question and answer choice from all the aamc practice tests. Based on my experience, I saw improvement once I stopped using third party questions and just focused on analyzing everything about every aamc created question I could find. I believe it was a big part of helping me have a +4 CP increase and a +5 BB increase.

Reactions: 1 users
For BB I got my foundation and initial practice done using the 300 or so passages in my review book. I reviewed every question (ten chapters x more than 100 questions each + practice exams in the book), right or wrong, after the fact. The I did AAMC materials and like people have already told you, going over those in detail helps a &@*$ton. AAMC explanations suck so you will need to refer to other resources at times. My review books did the trick for me.