what are the best study guides for the mcat?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vargant

MS1
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been through lots of threads, and i'm still very uncertain what the best study guides are. Other than simply stating that "kaplan's the best", etc., who has actually went through multiply study guides and felt that there was a partiuclar best one, and for which sections?

Members don't see this ad.

Just find the one that's on sale at Borders...

it doesn't matter which study guides you use. I know TPR review books are fatter (!!) than the kaplan review books, so TPR is definitely more detail oriented. The important thing is how much you practice. no matter which review books you use, make sure you do as many full-lengths as possible to get enought practice.

Members don't see this ad :)
For me I used some no named brand from borders, which was more detailed than the other books yet also contained material not needed, TPR (2nd more helpful), Kaplan (most helpful), EK (for physics and chem), EK 101 passages (very helpful for verbal). I also tried flash cards and wasted around $100 for useless material.