MD What are the Best USMLE Prep books and MSY1 Materials to have?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Which Campus did you apply to??

• Duluth

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Twin Cities

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Both

• Neither

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Clint Westwood

Reaction score
What are the best USMLE prep books and books/study materials to have before starting MSY1?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Nothing you can do will help you. Just be prepared to work when school starts.

work hard in school, during year 2 start step studying on the side.

Members don't see this ad :)
If anything, familiarize yourself with Anki

Reactions: 3 users
If anything, familiarize yourself with Anki

This x100. Best thing you can do is learn the ins and outs of Anki. Make a few practice decks, watch some tutorial videos, play around with the settings, and learn how to properly use it. Anki has been by far the most useful learning tool in med school for me, however, it does have a learning curve and the software is not exactly super user friendly.

DON'T STUDY ANYTHING. You'll be wasting your time. just enjoy yourself before the hard work begins.

Controversial opinion: I’m rubbish with genetics and I wish I would have just gone over all of Khan or similar on that topic.

Important to have a real break, though.

Learn how to use anki, cook, and manage finances. Dont open a single book.

You can have BOARDS READY, USMLE Step1, Step2, Step3 book. This book covers all the topics of Step 1, 2 and 3. It will be your perfect replacement of multiple books. It provides you the whole overview of USMLE tests.

Attachments

• 61WnzIUYH-L.jpg
    61WnzIUYH-L.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 108
Boards and beyond is cash. As you do topics in school, watch their videos and do the corresponding online questions. Fill in first aid as you go through as well (do alongside B&B).

Reactions: 2 users