what are the boards after in neuro?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HiddenTruth

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, HY sucks. There are so many gaps, which I am havign to fill in with my class notes. And, there is a lot of freaking detail. What exactly are these guys after.

1. Obviously, blood supply and distribution to major areas and its clinical symptoms (but what about crazy little things, like supplying the putamen or post internal capsule, but not ant, bla bla). And then there are all these worthless little branches off of the major ones (like from ACA). Those are impossible to read on angiograms.

2. Spinal cord injuries with blood supply and different tracks--fine, fair game.

3. CN stuff and all their pathways, nuclei, formaen, functions, symptoms with lesions--i can deal with this.

4. Hematomas/Tumors--ok

Is the other stuff pretty low yield, or do they still ask stuff on all the other crap--alrite please fill me in--cuz ifeel like i am spending too much time on this, but then again, either some people are super smart who cand o this stuff in a day or two, or im a dumass!

Members don't see this ad.

HiddenTruth said:
Ok, HY sucks. There are so many gaps, which I am havign to fill in with my class notes. And, there is a lot of freaking detail. What exactly are these guys after.

1. Obviously, blood supply and distribution to major areas and its clinical symptoms (but what about crazy little things, like supplying the putamen or post internal capsule, but not ant, bla bla). And then there are all these worthless little branches off of the major ones (like from ACA). Those are impossible to read on angiograms.

2. Spinal cord injuries with blood supply and different tracks--fine, fair game.

3. CN stuff and all their pathways, nuclei, formaen, functions, symptoms with lesions--i can deal with this.

4. Hematomas/Tumors--ok

Is the other stuff pretty low yield, or do they still ask stuff on all the other crap--alrite please fill me in--cuz ifeel like i am spending too much time on this, but then again, either some people are super smart who cand o this stuff in a day or two, or im a dumass!

no i don't think they are after the blood supply of insignificant things. basically what HY had was plenty...MCA, ACA, ant communicating, post comm and PCA. there isn't a need to supplement, the things you're supplementing probably is overkill.

defininitely know the major pathways, the major lesions in the spinal cord, understand what happens if you knock one of them out, the cranial nerve nuclei and what they do. finally, tumors and subdura/subarachnoid/epidural hemorrages. look at the pics in the first chapter of HY and make sure you know them well. i had tons of MRIs for neuro.

i truly wouldn't spend this many days on neuranatomy. just focus on HY and you'll be more than prepared for the questions, at least from my exam