What are the chances for getting a tech job after taking PTCE?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ksu

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
HEllo everyone!

I am planning to take the PTCE and simultaneously looking out for a tech job...but looking at the present scenario I hardly found any pharmacy store that s hiring a pharm tech...so my question is...Is it worth taking the test and paying the fees? How difficult/easy it is to get a job after you are a CPhT? by the way I was looking for tech job in Charlotte NC.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I took the PTCB and passed and still am searching for a job (in MD). Most employers simply reject any applicants who don't have experience - espeically in this economy, when they can afford to be picky because of the many people out there looking for jobs. Employers don't need to hire someone they'll have to train.
My advice is to volunteer at a pharmacy where you would like to work in the future, and once they train you and you've worked there, they'll most definitly hire you at their next opening and give you seniority over other applicants.