what are the hardest full-length mcats?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aviary17

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. Do you have any opinion about which MCATs are the hardest out of the whole bunch of them (Kaplan, ExamKrackers, GoldStandard, Princeton Review, AAMC, etc.)?

Thank you for your input.

Members don't see this ad.

gold standards are really hard, just took number 8 ps section thought it was pretty ridiculous

gold standards are really hard, just took number 8 ps section thought it was pretty ridiculous
Gold standard are ridiculous. they are nowhere near the real thing. I think they are too abstract if you ask me. The AMCAS are the "closest" to the real thing, but I think they kind of fool you into having a false sense of security. I was acing the AMCAS exams and still got less that what I was averaging. I suggest you take A LOT of practice exams, because there were some questions from Gold standard that was on teh real thing.

I was especially wondering, for those who've taken the actual MCAT this year...

I keep hearing that the actual MCAT 2008 is harder than the practice tests (like #3) that the AAMC provides. If you have taken the actual, do you recommend any tests which you thought were comparable in difficulty? or helpful?

Thanks!

I was especially wondering, for those who've taken the actual MCAT this year...

I keep hearing that the actual MCAT 2008 is harder than the practice tests (like #3) that the AAMC provides. If you have taken the actual, do you recommend any tests which you thought were comparable in difficulty? or helpful?

Thanks!

AAMC prcatice 3R is a joke. its nothing near the real thing. 10R is even worse. I think the tests that were very comporable to the real thing were 7R and 9R. Thats about it!