What are the Most vs Least Saturated Cities for Pain...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drusso

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
Reaction score
It seems that West Coast cities are packed to the gills, but I know at least one Pain Baller in Fresno bringing in $1M...

Members don't see this ad.

Canton GA.

Alliance Spine. 5
Pinnacle Ortho. 2
Resurgens Ortho 2
Summit Pain. 4
North Ga Pain 3
Northside Pain/Anes. 5
Medical Assoc-1 ( this guy)
Chiro clinics with pain 3

Small suburb 40 mi N of Atlanta.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Canton GA.

Alliance Spine. 5
Pinnacle Ortho. 2
Resurgens Ortho 2
Summit Pain. 4
North Ga Pain 3
Northside Pain/Anes. 5

how does a chiro own 3 pain clinics? does he/she hire docs?

Canton GA.

Alliance Spine. 5
Pinnacle Ortho. 2
Resurgens Ortho 2
Summit Pain. 4
North Ga Pain 3
Northside Pain/Anes. 5

what do you think of alliance spine? i heard they made out pretty well when a private equity bought them out

Some nice docs. But all about the Benjamins from mgmt standpoint. Think money machine, not caring.
Sadly, caring is a thing of the past. It is all about dead presidents and statesmen in the overwhelming majority of practices.

Reactions: 2 users
A couple other generalizations that hold true:

- great weather, definitely saturated with pain docs

- any city that has a lot of ethnic diversity (Ie including those of Asian descent, Persian, etc) seems to be saturated with pain docs

- states that have Medicaid plans that reimburse well for pain are relatively saturated

CA about to get worse with NP independence

A couple other generalizations that hold true:

- great weather, definitely saturated with pain docs

- any city that has a lot of ethnic diversity (Ie including those of Asian descent, Persian, etc) seems to be saturated with pain docs

- states that have Medicaid plans that reimburse well for pain are relatively saturated

CA about to get worse with NP independence
Lol i wouldnt exactly call Persian, Russian or Armenian “diverse”. That’s all just random groups of Caucasian....

Lol i wouldnt exactly call Persian, Russian or Armenian “diverse”. That’s all just random groups of Caucasian....
Foolish and ignorant comment

Ethnicity = the fact or state of belonging to a social group that has a common national or cultural tradition

Persian/Russian/Armenia = ethnic diversity

While we are gently tiptoe-ing around stereotypes...

I’ve also wondered if a high concentration of patients that are indirectly religiously opposed to pain pills (Ie possibly Mormons, who can be opposed to caffeine, or devotees of Islam, who mostly shun alcohol) results in more patients amenable to procedures. I know of a couple of Naturopaths in Utah killing it with regenerative medicine.