What are the pros & cons of these medical schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

techie222

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
  1. University of Michigan
  2. UCSF
  3. Duke
  4. Harvard
  5. Columbia
  6. NYU
  7. Northwestern
  8. Johns Hopkins
  9. University of Pennsylvania
  10. University of Washington

Specifically, how is the academic and social environment, the faculty, the city/amenities, your overall impressions, and anything else that you think a person considering applying to these schools ought to know.

I am in the process of deciding where to apply and would I appreciate any feedback.

Members don't see this ad.

2. UCSF
  3. Duke
  4. Harvard
  5. Columbia
  6. NYU
  7. Northwestern
  8. Johns Hopkins

Specifically, how is the academic and social environment, the faculty, the city/amenities, your overall impressions, and anything else that you think a person considering applying to these schools ought to know.

I am in the process of deciding where to apply and would I appreciate any feedback.

I think they're all just super-duper :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard the dean of Harvard once beat a man to death with his own shoes to take his pocket change so he could score meth. Might have been Yale, I'm always getting those two mixed up.

Harvard was with the shoes for meth. Yale was railroad spike for heroin.

2. UCSF
  3. Duke
  4. Harvard
  5. Columbia
  6. NYU
  7. Northwestern
  8. Johns Hopkins

Difficult for anyone to compare these great schools (since anyone usually only goes to one medical school). If you truly are an future applicant you know that you need to apply widely and should ultimately apply to all of them despite the extra cost upfront (even a few grand is nothing compared to the debt you'll end up with by entering medical school). The ones you get interviews at you go to in order to assess your questions first-hand.

Don't eliminate too many schools pre-applying to them (The exception being some state schools (ie Univ of Washington) that rarely consider out of state applications unless you're a PhD candidate or an under represented minority.)

Then which one was involved in that one-legged hooker thing a few years back . . . . it's like they all blend together after a certain point . . .

That was Penn... Cuz there is a rather large population of one legged hookers in West Philly... which most people do not know about...

2. UCSF
  3. Duke
  4. Harvard
  5. Columbia
  6. NYU
  7. Northwestern
  8. Johns Hopkins

If you have the numbers apply to all of them. When you get into multiple schools on the list then it is time to decide where to go.

That was Penn... Cuz there is a rather large population of one legged hookers in West Philly... which most people do not know about...

Figures that kind of thing would happen at a state school.

Returning to Allo Forum to prevent brain cells from dying. Just bit my tongue and my mouth is bloody.