What are the relationship between schizophrenia, sleep and educational standard?

Discussion in 'Psychiatry' started by gogotutu, 10.29.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. gogotutu

gogotutu

Medical Student
    If I study 15-18 hours and avoid any other activities[excluding toilet-bathing, eating] with 5-6 hr. sleep and cut the social contact, will I get schizophrenia.

How to excel in medical field?

http://www.schizophrenia.com/famous.htm

Thanks.

[​IMG]

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. slappy

slappy 2+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Oh yes, absolutely, why not? I think you might be able to catch the disease quicker if you study 23-24 hours a day instead.

For starters, as a medical student, you could start learning about schizophrenia.

4. erg923

erg923 Psychologist-VA 7+ Year Member

Psychologist
    No, Sounds like a great way to be depressed AND a total geek at the same time, though. Be on the look out for noogies, swirlies, dead legs, book slaps, and stealing of lunch money as well. :)

This is all in jest. Not serious.

Last edited: 10.29.14
  5. Ceke2002

Ceke2002 Purveyor of Strange 7+ Year Member

Pre-Psychology
    I have a feeling gogotutu might be ESL and have a genuine concern regarding stress load of study, reduced sleep rate, etc, and the potential onset of Schizophrenia? Or maybe I've just had too much Absinthe to drink and I'm feeling particularly charitable.

6. gogotutu

gogotutu

Medical Student
    Honestly say; I am very poor in study, English grammar and social contact. Failed recently twice in MBBS 2nd professional exams. And next exam will be 2 month later but have no planning, just wasting time and have no interest.

7. wolfvgang22

wolfvgang22 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    You should probably seek professional advice regarding your lack of planning and no interest, perhaps a school official, counselor, or your own psychiatrist if you are worried you are ill.

Regarding the list of relatively famous people you linked I might speculate:
    1. A lot of people with prodromal schizophrenia may gravitate to creative endeavors.
    2. This is still a tiny percentage of all the hard working famous/semi-famous people out there.
    Therefore I wouldn't worry about schizophrenia too much.

Last edited: 10.29.14
    touchpause13, Ceke2002 and barzan like this.

About the ads