What are the Top 20 schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

poohbear12345

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
People talk about the "Top twenty" research insitutions or top twenty medical schools? what are they where can I find that list?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
A ranking given by US News. In my opinion, and there will be those that disagree, a ranking should be the last reason for why you pick a school. If you like a top 20 school b/c you think it will cater to your specific needs then by all means apply to it. But don't just apply to it b/c of a number next to its name.

hahaha actually im in the opposite situation, ive been told to avoid applying to the top 20 (research heavy) schools, so I just wanted to see that list.

If you have what it takes to get in one those top research schools and have done enough to put yourself in that position then you already know what they are.

hahaha actually im in the opposite situation, ive been told to avoid applying to the top 20 (research heavy) schools, so I just wanted to see that list.

It depends on if you're looking for the top 20 for research or top 20 for primary care (although there is overlap between the two).

Google "US news top 20 medical schools"

I think it goes by who has the most money/resources.

... or click the link provided in the very first response :p

Or that! :laugh: I don't understand why it's so hard for people to use the search engine. By the time you ask a question on SDN you could've found the answer by then.

It depends on if you're looking for the top 20 for research or top 20 for primary care (although there is overlap between the two).

Google "US news top 20 medical schools"

The primary care rankings are pretty much even more useless than the research ones.