What are the weaknesses of UWORLD QBANK?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lemonade90

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are the weaknesses in terms of question difficulty/type for various categories in the UWORLD QBank (e.g. micro, cardio, etc) compared to the actual NBME?

Members don't see this ad.

Weaknesses such as

1-Topics their questions fair to cover sufficiently (e.g. certain enzyme pathways in Biochem)
2-Topics for which their questions are too easy or aren't similar to the NBME (e.g. single step reasoning for Micro)

?

I haven't noticed flaws as you have described above yet. (still working through UW)

Only thing I have noticed is that some subject areas seem to not be extensively covered in UW, but that is inevitable... a QBank can only cover so much material.

Members don't see this ad :)
My only beef would be not enough "odd" infections are in UW...like Rocky Mt Spotted Fever, tularemia, leprosy, brucellosis, hantavirus, arboviruses, etc

The micro tends to circulate around the high-yield bugs

What are the weaknesses in terms of question difficulty/type for various categories in the UWORLD QBank (e.g. micro, cardio, etc) compared to the actual NBME?

I haven't taken my step1 yet, but i wish they had more arrow questions ( up and down ), and more challenging ethical questions in behavioral science.