What are things you wish you knew b4 going into GS?

Discussion in 'Surgery and Surgical Subspecialties' started by cryotubeme, 01.12.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. cryotubeme

cryotubeme

As the title says:
    What are things you wish you knew b4 going into GS? I'd like to know the real deal about GS and the really great or really awful things about the field besides the obvious time commitment. Things like- Job prospects, bias, coping mechanisms for difficult times? Anything really. I'd like to know about GS in ways that aren't always discussed.

wholeheartedly likes this.
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. gators21

gators21 5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Everyone has AIDS, AIDS, AIDS, AIDS,AIDS, AIDS, AIDS, AIDS,AIDS, AIDS, AIDS, AIDS,AIDS, AIDS, AIDS, AIDS,AIDS, AIDS, AIDS, AIDS,AIDS, AIDS, AIDS, AIDS.
    Seriously, you have 4 posts and use b4 in your title. Probably not going to get any actual answers. All these will be figured out during your GS rotation or actually talking to a surgeon

DermViser likes this.
  4. ruralsurg4now

ruralsurg4now Banned Banned

I'd help you out, but I don't feel like it.

5. LucidSplash

LucidSplash Aspiring Wire Jockey Gold Donor 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    and, you know, reading the forum. I feel like this entire forum answers this question if you take the time to read it.

6. SouthernSurgeon

SouthernSurgeon Lifetime Donor 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Verified
    Physician
    I wuz gonna say that GS is4reals serious fun. H8ters gonna hate but thats wut it iz. U get it or u don

7. Kahreek

Kahreek 2+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    General surgery is like being a general officer but at the same time you do surgery, it is hella tight

DermViser likes this.
  8. SouthSideSteve

SouthSideSteve 7+ Year Member

For the Absite, know that the only natural predator of the ureter is an OB/GYN.

DermViser, Lioness, Alby and 4 others like this.

About the ads