What are things you wish you knew b4 going into GS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cryotubeme

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
As the title says:
What are things you wish you knew b4 going into GS? I'd like to know the real deal about GS and the really great or really awful things about the field besides the obvious time commitment. Things like- Job prospects, bias, coping mechanisms for difficult times? Anything really. I'd like to know about GS in ways that aren't always discussed.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Everyone has AIDS, AIDS, AIDS, AIDS,AIDS, AIDS, AIDS, AIDS,AIDS, AIDS, AIDS, AIDS,AIDS, AIDS, AIDS, AIDS,AIDS, AIDS, AIDS, AIDS,AIDS, AIDS, AIDS, AIDS.
Seriously, you have 4 posts and use b4 in your title. Probably not going to get any actual answers. All these will be figured out during your GS rotation or actually talking to a surgeon

As the title says:
What are things you wish you knew b4 going into GS? I'd like to know the real deal about GS and the really great or really awful things about the field besides the obvious time commitment. Things like- Job prospects, bias, coping mechanisms for difficult times? Anything really. I'd like to know about GS in ways that aren't always discussed.

I'd help you out, but I don't feel like it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Everyone has AIDS, AIDS, AIDS, AIDS,AIDS, AIDS, AIDS, AIDS,AIDS, AIDS, AIDS, AIDS,AIDS, AIDS, AIDS, AIDS,AIDS, AIDS, AIDS, AIDS,AIDS, AIDS, AIDS, AIDS.
Seriously, you have 4 posts and use b4 in your title. Probably not going to get any actual answers. All these will be figured out during your GS rotation or actually talking to a surgeon

and, you know, reading the forum. I feel like this entire forum answers this question if you take the time to read it.

General surgery is like being a general officer but at the same time you do surgery, it is hella tight

For the Absite, know that the only natural predator of the ureter is an OB/GYN.

Reactions: 6 users