What are UCSF essay interviews about?

fidelio

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 13, 2005
California
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
    Hey, I want to apply to UCSF, but I have no idea what sort of essays they want. Is it a different essay question each time? Is it one or two essays?

What sort of essays do they ask for? How long do you have to write them? Is there a specific format you need to write them in? like the MCAT essays?

Are they essays hard? easy?

Any response will do.

endlesslove

10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    Sep 19, 2004
    USA
      fidelio said:
      Hey, I want to apply to UCSF, but I have no idea what sort of essays they want. Is it a different essay question each time? Is it one or two essays?

What sort of essays do they ask for? How long do you have to write them? Is there a specific format you need to write them in? like the MCAT essays?

Any response will do.

The prompt varies; you don't know what you'll get. On the day of your interview, you will be presented with 3-4 prompts, from which you will have to choose 1 to write a 45-minute essay on. Your essay cannot exceed the space given (a page single-sp).

Why worry about it now when step 1 in the process of applying to UCSF is writing the PharmCAS Personal Statement and answering the questions found here.

crest29

10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      Jun 23, 2004
      San Diego
        fidelio said:

Any response will do.

f
        or the pharmcas theres one personal statment
        for the supplemental theres one big essay about a life changing event or soemthing and several small essays about ur extra curriculars and activities
        at the interview they give u 3 topics and you get 40 min to write one essay that is very short
        topic 1 was about music and how it represents our generation
        topic 2 was about beauty pageants and your opinion of if they are good/bad
        topic 3 was about... i forget..my topics were easy. i wrote about topic 1 and i wrote about britney spears
        haha

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.