What are upcoming M1s doing about car insurance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tekkenman11

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My parents insurance company told them that I can no longer be covered because my primary address is changing. What are the best companies out there? I’m 25 with a perfect driving record.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Welcome to the grown up life. GEICO has been great for me. Have had renters, auto, and jewelry ins. w/ them for years and haven't had any issues. Been in a couple accidents and they've been quick to resolve any issues painlessly.

I can vouch for State Farm. But honestly, better to shop around and don't be afraid to haggle a bit. The way to do it is, get a quote from Company X, then call Company Y and say "I'd really like to sign up with your company if you can beat the price". And most of the time they will.

This works in many other settings by the way.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't recommend Geico, one or more accidents (incidents - they don't even have to be your fault) can result in your insurance premium tripling. Be careful. If you have a clean record thus far, I'd recommend Geico and you can switch to a different one if there ever is an issue.

If youre living in a city look at Metro Mile.

I wouldn't recommend Geico, one or more accidents (incidents - they don't even have to be your fault) can result in your insurance premium tripling. Be careful. If you have a clean record thus far, I'd recommend Geico and you can switch to a different one if there ever is an issue.

I have a perfect record so that’s good to hear! I ended up going with GEICO since they had the best coverage-to-cost ratio for 260/6 months. Hopefully that premium stuff doesn’t happen to me lol. I did enroll in their ‘forgiveness’ type program too.

Farmer's is an option. Shop around online. You can usually find competitive rates.

I have a perfect record so that’s good to hear! I ended up going with GEICO since they had the best coverage-to-cost ratio for 260/6 months. Hopefully that premium stuff doesn’t happen to me lol. I did enroll in their ‘forgiveness’ type program too.
If you have an accident of any kind or points on your license, switch to another provider for a month then call them and say you're considering switching back. They are very competitive with pricing. About 5 years ago, I had an accident and my premiums raised with a company. GEICO cut that premium in half when I called them for a quote.

I swear by USAA if you can get covered by them. Use them for banking, auto, renters, amazing rates.