What are useful things to have during medical school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Talking about the “First Aid” book. Is there one preferred, specific edition/author we are looking for? I see numerous books with that title.

Members don't see this ad.

What are some favorite chairs in various price ranges?

I got an ikea office chair last year and it sucks, but I rarely studied from home anyway. With COVID paradigm, I’ll need to upgrade my home ergonomics.

Ended up with a refurbished Herman Miller Aeron. Less than half the price of new but still spendy. My lumbar spine is already singing it’s praises.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Do people have laptop stands they like? Balancing my laptop on Robbins will probably not work anymore lol

Do people have laptop stands they like? Balancing my laptop on Robbins will probably not work anymore lol
I have an iPad stand I love, and an iMac I bought a couple weeks ago. Should have done it sooner. Love having the big, multitasking screen now vs my Mac air’s 13 inches.

I have this one. I think it’s called pwr+ but I’m not sure.

1E84F1D4-A60B-493E-BCED-BBC964F88523.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
These were the items I used the most during med school, most on a daily basis:

1) iPad w/ Apple Pencil
2) Laptop
3) Gaming controller for anki (100% worth it for ergonomic reasons, believe it or not)
4) Laptop stand/riser (did WONDERS for ergonomics. Actually a lot of people in my class brought these to lecture)
5) Yeti tumbler!!!!!!! Didn’t get this until M2, used it allll the time. My coffee stayed hot all through lecture.
6) If you have the money, and prefer lattes/cappuccino to regular coffee, I recommend going in on a proper espresso machine. I ended up saving tons vs going to Starbucks/coffee shop everyday. I cant do a regular coffee pot.
7) For clinicals: the White Coat Clipboard
8) Keep bandaids and breath mints in your backpack
9) A good backpack with an exterior compartment for an umbrella

anki. Gaming. Controller.

what. How am I just hearing about this now