What are/were your pre req grades?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doccody

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, just kind of curious to see what everyone elses pre-req grades were or are. I'm only a freshman right now, with am A- in Chem I, and hopfully an A in Bio but currenly have a B-.

So what were yours?

Members don't see this ad.

umm.
Chem I and II- C
Chem I and II lab - B+?
Orgo I - C
Bio I and lab - B+
Bio II - C-
Bio II lab - B+
Phys I and II - A
Me - wtF-
:(

Members don't see this ad :)
This is a wonderful opportunity to toot my own horn...

Bio I: A+
Bio II: A+ (if I manage a 10% on the final :xf:)
Chem I: A (if I get at least a 65 on the final)
Phys I: A+ (if I get a 55 on the final)

toot toot :)

:eek: Congrats!! Those are some awesome grades!! :thumbup:

:eek: Congrats!! Those are some awesome grades!! :thumbup:

Don't worry, I was clever enough to destroy my own BCPM gpa in high school 5 years ago.
One math class. 5 credit hours. Grade: C

(So basically almost 2 classes worth of c's...)
...I plan on writing my entire PS about it: overcoming [academic] "diversity".

Chaaa CHING! :smuggrin:

This is a wonderful opportunity to toot my own horn...

Bio I: A+
Bio II: A+ (if I manage a 10% on the final :xf:)
Chem I: A (if I get at least a 65 on the final)
Phys I: A+ (if I get a 55 on the final)

toot toot :)
Seems like your finals aren't worth much. If I got a 10% on any of my finals, even if I had a 100 average, I'd probably end up with a B- or something :(

Here are mine:

Bio I: A-
Bio II: currently have an A
Chem I: A-
Chem II: currently have an A

See I'm hoping for a curve in my Bio Class. Currenly have a 87% I think, but I don't hink I did too well on the exam today. Didn't study as much as I should have but I'm to blame for that. So Hopefully she ends up curving it or I could be in some trouble already just starting out lol

See I'm hoping for a curve in my Bio Class. Currenly have a 87% I think, but I don't hink I did too well on the exam today. Didn't study as much as I should have but I'm to blame for that. So Hopefully she ends up curving it or I could be in some trouble already just starting out lol

A lot of the professors (at least at my school) seem to like to keep the class average around 70%.

...So if your class average is significantly below that maybe you'll get lucky. :thumbup:

The chem final is worth 25% of our grade.
The physics: 20%
The bio: 15%

I think I can miss so much in bio and physics because I benefited greatly from the curves for the early exams.

Chem is more straight forward with no curves really. yuck.
Lucky! None of my classes were/are curved. My Bio II professor has mentioned that he might scale our tests, but I doubt it since all of the averages have been 70+. Other than that, all my classes work by a "you get what you get" policy.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok... I ended up with 5 acceptances, first time applicant, so I am happy to share my less than stellar grades to give hope to future applicants with similar less than stellar grades:

Chem I & II and labs - A's
O Chem I & II - A+ & A
O Chem lab - C
Bio I & II - B, B+
Bio labs - C, B-
Phys I & II (combined lecture/lab) - C, C+
Microbio - A-
Biochem - A

Gen Chem was easy for me, but in O Chem I worked my butt off for those grades. And apparently I'm no good at labs. I probably should not be a pathologist.

A's in most, A-'s in a couple, just like everything else in college, lol. This semester may not end up as hot, but it's alright. There's fudge room thanks to previous semesters =). A few B's won't make me cry haha.

Calc I - 3.9
Calc II - 3.9
Bio I - 3.8
Bio II - 4.0
Ochem I - 3.7
Ochem II - 3.7
Gen Chem I - 3.2 :(
Gen Chem II - 3.6 (stupid simple mistakes)
Gen Chem III - 3.7
Phys - N/A (yet)

Bio I: A
Calc I: A
Chem I: C+ :mad:
Bio II: B
Calc II: B
Chem II: C :mad:

Needless to say I will be retaking Gen Chem next semester.

G Chem I A
G Chem II A
Bio I A
Bio II A
O Chem I B - was so close to an A, but I did horrible on the final
Phys I A

I'm currently taking physics 2 and organic chem 2 and project a B in both classes =(

Hey everyone, just kind of curious to see what everyone elses pre-req grades were or are. I'm only a freshman right now, with am A- in Chem I, and hopfully an A in Bio but currenly have a B-.

So what were yours?

Cell Structure/Function B+
Genetics and Molecular Bio A
Bio Labs B+/A-
Gen Chem I/II A-/B+
Gen chem labs A-/A-
Physics AP credit
Orgo I/II/II B+/C-/B+ (retook second semester, there's a moderately good reason for C-)
Org Labs B+/A

Also, main reason for responding: Check before you walk down stairs to make sure they continue all the way down!

Bio I A-
Bio II A
Bio 1 and 2 lab A
Chem 1 A
Chem 2 B
CHem 1 +2 Lab A
Physics 1 A-
Physics 2 A (if i keep up what im doing)
Phys 1+2 Lab A
Ochem 1 A-
Ochem 2 A (if i do well the rest of the semester)
Ochem Labs A

luckily for me i got a C in trigonometry in highschool (dual enrolled) and its killin my science gpa

Ok... I ended up with 5 acceptances, first time applicant, so I am happy to share my less than stellar grades to give hope to future applicants with similar less than stellar grades:

Chem I & II and labs - A's
O Chem I & II - A+ & A
O Chem lab - C
Bio I & II - B, B+
Bio labs - C, B-
Phys I & II (combined lecture/lab) - C, C+
Microbio - A-
Biochem - A

Gen Chem was easy for me, but in O Chem I worked my butt off for those grades. And apparently I'm no good at labs. I probably should not be a pathologist.

How did you do on your MCATs, if you dont mind me asking. Congrats on the acceptances by the way.

How did you do on your MCATs, if you dont mind me asking. Congrats on the acceptances by the way.

Thanks! I think my MCAT score definitely helped my application: P11/V12/B13/Q