What are you doing before med school starts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What will you be doing before med school starts?

• Taking time off-- vacation, traveling, etc.

Votes: 23 56.1%
  • Preping for school-- i.e. reading up on gross anatomy

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • crawling up in fetal position in the corner in fear

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • other

Votes: 12 29.3%

• Total voters

MDROCKSTAR

Shred Master
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
School starts in a couple months. What is everyone doing?

Members don't see this ad.

Getting rid of EVERYTHING I don't REALLY like, including a bunch of weight.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm going slowly crazy.

And by slowly, I mean I'm on the bullet train to the loony bin.

Seriously. Time is crawlin. And it fusturates me to NO end because I know once I start school I'll long for this "dead time" but it's killin me at the moment.

Mostly what i'm doing is working (horray work), TRYING to close on my house and traveling...LOTS of traveling.

yay for traveling!:thumbup:

time is FLYING for me! I had a year off between undergrad and med school, and I had big plans to do a million things, and now med school's right around the corner, and pretty much the only thing I've done is work. A lot. But I'm definitely looking forward to school!

I better not catch anyone trying to prep for 1st year... :p

I'm prep'n for the beat down I'm gonna give you when i get to KCUMB, Spiced. Hence, I voted "other".

Just kiddin', I'll buy you a coffee. We can chat some.

Getting rid of EVERYTHING I don't REALLY like, including a bunch of weight.

Me too!! We're clearing out our house and only moving the crap that we really need. I wish I had time to relax and vacation but just moving and getting settled will take me all summer.

Surprised that "Working" wasn't an option....

Surprised that "Working" wasn't an option....

Maybe there weren't enough bullets...

As for me, I'll be curling up on coach next to my 2-yr old watching Sponge Bob, smelling his little sweaty head. I'm gonna miss these days... :oops:. Hey, that should've been a bullet, too.

I'm working, attempting (and failing) to get in shape, and visiting friends.

Me too!! We're clearing out our house and only moving the crap that we really need. I wish I had time to relax and vacation but just moving and getting settled will take me all summer.

Also prepping for the big move. I have so many logistical loose ends I may never be ready. Sell the house, get movers, gather immunizatyion records, work, go to post office for address forwarding yada yada yada.

I better not catch anyone trying to prep for 1st year... :p

i'm prepping! HA! well...sort of. i was in a post-bac last year so i've seen a lot of the info already, so it's more of relooking over...combined with working in an anatomy lab doing dissections. i'm excited for it though, and i'm going insane sitting at home, even though my Wings and Pistons are both doing well

/stupid tigers

Also prepping for the big move. I have so many logistical loose ends I may never be ready. Sell the house, get movers, gather immunizatyion records, work, go to post office for address forwarding yada yada yada.

You should be able to do that online now

Toss between working my a$$ off the next 2 months and taking a little time off right before school.

Working, staying in shape, and spending time with friends I will probably not talk to or see for a loooooong time.

I'm still in school......:(.......I'll be in school for 18 more days and then I will move across country (all the while studying gross anatomy so I don't get kicked out the first 11 weeks)

I'm still in school......:(.......I'll be in school for 18 more days and then I will move across country (all the while studying gross anatomy so I don't get kicked out the first 11 weeks)

*aheam*

I think you forgot, princess, that I'm taking you to disney for at least a day when you get over here. Bradenton's not that far from me at all. s'about a 2 hour drive from where I live right now.

:p