Quantcast

What are you doing next year/have you done since graduation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ames980

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
for those questions on secondaries, are you guys getting personal at all? in most cases theres only room for a couple sentences, so i dont know if i should keep it to job/intentions of taking classes or if i should also go into the personal side of things i.e. what i do in free time - to help distinguish me from every other person thats just been working since graduation. should it be kept resume-based?

tinkerbelle

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm keeping my answers to job intentions... but then again, I'm not doing any particularly awesome things in my spare time. I say do whatever you think will make you stand out. If that means including stuff you do in your free time, then write it :)

sundevil23

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last year when I was filling out secondaries I put one part about my job (medically related, one part volunteering ( medical), and one part personal (training for a marathon). At most of my open file interviews people asked about my marathon training. I think it helped to give them an idea that I was a well rounded person with interests outside of medicine. Best of luck

GiantGiantsFan

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
i would focus on the job activities, and if you are doing anything interesting in your spare time (i.e. like training for a marathon), then mention it. or if youre home, you could even mention that you are "spending time with your family."

GiantGiantsFan

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
btw OP, not that you care, but i find your quote somewhat elitist

Rugger81

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
GiantGiantsFan said:

i think it's funny

uclabruin2003

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
if you are in graduate school do you talk about your schooling? or do you talk about your other experiences while you are in grad school?

jlee9531

J,A,S
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
uclabruin2003 said:
if you are in graduate school do you talk about your schooling? or do you talk about your other experiences while you are in grad school?
well grad school is still school, so i think that you are exempted from putting anything down for this question.

and about the quote: isn't that like a TV show quote? I doubt its her own personal one. If it is her own personal one, then the OP should think about a career as a sitcom writer instead of medicine haha.

Ames980

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
GiantGiantsFan said:

thanks for your input everyone....
and sorry about the quote. i love the will & grace and laughed my ass off on that one... :oops: though can you imagine if i could come up with that stuff myself? jlees right - id ditch the medicine and go for the tv!!

jlee9531

J,A,S
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
GiantGiantsFan said:
ahh that sounds more like it.......karen from w&g. she is blatantly elitist, hence the comedy.